(Archived) Google Keep

While I've been a longtime Evernote user and will continue to be, I find it interesting that Google has come out with Keep. It has some neat features and customizations, but for now, it has a long way to go before it can catch up to King Evernote.

For one, there is no way to group notes into folders, or do any sort of, well, sorting, of the notes.

Just curious if anyone else has taken a peek at Keep?

Go Evernote!

Mark

For one, there is no way to group notes into folders, or do any sort of, well, sorting, of the notes.

Interesting.  I wonder if that would be down the pike.  You'd think if they were going to have notebooks/folders/whatever, they would have them from the get go.  At any rate, this is surely causing the heads of EN users, who are convinced EN is worthless without sub notebooks, to spin.  :o

I think it is unfortunate that they just announced the end of Google Reader right before this. I think that really undermined the Google Keep team, which I'm sure is extremely frustrating.

• Level 5*

I think it is unfortunate that they just announced the end of Google Reader right before this. I think that really undermined the Google Keep team, which I'm sure is extremely frustrating.

It's a real shame, isn't it.

Google creates Notebook back in 2006, and the developers did a good job with that, though it was definitely in need of some TLC by the time they killed it off. Now, they resurrect it (kind of) as Keep, but they do it while they are abandoning other projects, so to me it looks like another hobby. I've been burned before (with Notebooks -- I was never a big Reader user). Why would I invest in it again?

Google obviously has talent over there, but I wish they'd follow through and give these projects the kind of support they need. I get the feeling that very few companies are willing to see notetaking / lifelogging as a longterm project (a 100-year company kind of thing), and until they do, we're going to continue to have lots of unrealized potential out there. 

Archived