saving pdf in evernote

When I save a pdf in evernote it saves an attachment. I how can I avoid that? I may need to search for something later on that I may be in the doc and I won't be able. I like to be able to view the pdf in evernote too as well of having the attachment.

• Level 5*

On Mac, go to Evernote > Preferences > Clipping > By default, view newly clipped PDFs: Inline

On PC, go to Tools > Options > Note > and make sure "Always show PDF documents as attachments" is not checked.

I think the browser only allows pdf attachments, but as a premium member, pdfs should still be indexed and searchable.  You'll just need to open the pdf and search internally to see the results.

• 9 months later...

This is something that I have just started to play around with.  I saw on a webpage that there was a way to save directly to evernote, which was no longer there as a default. So I found a way to simply add it in there, however, it creates the note and has the pdf as an attachment even though I have it chosen to be inline.  However, I am not necessarily clipping something from a website, I am saving it.  Not really sure how to fix this - anyone have any tips on this?

Thanks.

Archived