(Archived) Sharing a notebook with a NOT member

• Level 5*

If I go Premium and share a notebook, does the one I share it with need to be premium as well to be able to edit my notes?

Or be a member at all?

/Per

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Free users can share notebooks just like Premium users, and anyone can view these notebooks whether they have an Evernote account or not. If you want them to join the notebooks, then they need an Evernote account. If you want to give them the ability to edit notebooks, then *you* need to be a Premium member. It doesn't matter if the person who joins a shared notebook is Free or Premium.

For example, a teacher with a Premium account who creates a shared notebook can send an email invite to all of the students in all of her classes, and they can join with modification privileges even if all 40, 100, or 300 of them are Free members. 

Please note that sharing a notebook publicly will not allow you to give people modification privileges. You have to invite people into a shared notebook in order to do this. In other words, there is sharing with the world (no modifications) and sharing with selected individuals (modifications).

• Level 5*

Thank you very much my friend!

100% answer. Exactly what I needed to know :)

/Per

Glad to help. Make sure to test it all out before jumping into it. Maybe share some notebooks with your spouse first or something like that. Good luck!

Archived