Sync failed due to unexpected behavior on client side

SamE

Hello,

I have been receiving this error message for the last week or so. I have a number of shared workbooks, created by my co-worker, which I then add to/modify/create my own notes in. This has been working without fail for a number of months. Recently I tried to created a new note in "RA 4. Finance / Cable Accounting" which refuses to sync. I can view updates which occur within this notebook (if someone else modify's the notebook or if I modify it from my ipad or the web) or notes I create in other notebooks, but it will not sync the changes that I make to this notebook specifically on my pc. 

I have confirmed that I have all of the latest updates.

Please see my Activity Log from this morning demonstrating where I believe the error occurs, and then the successful sync of a subsequent folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Sam

08:34:02 [6692] 0% Authenticating notebook "RA.4 - Finance / Cable Accounting" shared by jjsmith
08:34:02 [6692] 0% Syncing notebook "RA.4 - Finance / Cable Accounting" shared by jjsmith
08:34:02 [6692] 0% * loaded linked notebook updateCount: 1261
08:34:03 [6692] 0% Linked notebook is up to date with the server, updateCount=1261
08:34:03 [6692] 0% * saved linked notebook updateCount: 1261
08:34:03 [6692] 0% Updating server items
08:34:03 [6692] 0% Updating server note "WiFi Internet Churn Summary Convo wit...", resource count: 0
08:34:03 [6692] 0% * guid={243c86f1-e32c-4f44-858b-044f288e3ecc}
08:34:03 [6692] 0% EDAMUserException: errorCode=PERMISSION_DENIED parameter="authenticationToken"
08:34:03 [6692] 0% Authenticating notebook "RA.3 - CBS Application Support" shared by jjsmith
08:34:04 [6692] 0% Syncing notebook "RA.3 - CBS Application Support" shared by jjsmith
08:34:04 [6692] 0% * loaded linked notebook updateCount: 1261
08:34:04 [6692] 0% Linked notebook is up to date with the server, updateCount=1261
08:34:04 [6692] 0% * saved linked notebook updateCount: 1261

I am having the exact same problem. I share notebooks with a premium user, although I use the free software on my Windows 7 Samsung Slate. I wonder if it has anything to do with some incompatibility with a recent Windows update.

I figured if it was happening to me, it was happening to others. The sad thing about it is that the web version isn't as easy to use as the software. I'm wondering if the complaint comes from premium users a solution might be found in a quicker manner. Heh.

• Level 5*

I figured if it was happening to me, it was happening to others. The sad thing about it is that the web version isn't as easy to use as the software. I'm wondering if the complaint comes from premium users a solution might be found in a quicker manner. Heh.

Evernote responds to Premium users faster because they're actually paying for the service.. so if you're being shared notes from a premium user,  why not get him/ her to raise the support ticket and get some answers?

• Level 5*

You might get quicker response from support if you're a premium user, but any fix that would require developer resources would usually still need to go into the hopper for evaluation and prioritization, and it's not clear to what degree that subscription status of the original complainant would be taken into account.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived