(Archived) subscriptions?

dizeyner

Idea

I purchased evernote some time ago and was NOT aware of any subscription model. and now I find its 44 bucks a year? are you nuts?

I paid for an app to use on my mac. not some subscription model that disapears with all my stuff after a period of time. and why wasnt I told that the product I purchased for my mac was now going to expire???

great. now I have to find a different tool or all my notes are going to disapear?

7 replies to this idea

I purchased evernote some time ago and was NOT aware of any subscription model. and now I find its 44 bucks a year? are you nuts?

I paid for an app to use on my mac. not some subscription model that disapears with all my stuff after a period of time. and why wasnt I told that the product I purchased for my mac was now going to expire???

great. now I have to find a different tool or all my notes are going to disapear?

No, you did NOT pay for an Evernote app b/c they are free.  Additionally, you can use the FREE version of Evernote all you like for as long as you like.  Pretty snifty.  The premium version allows extra features that some users find valuable.  Also, some users who do not need the premium features will pay for premium b/c they like supporting developers who have produced an app they rely heavily upon.  And if you heavily rely upon an app, $45/year is a smokin' deal to be able to have (potentially) gigs of data available to you on a variety of platforms.

I forgot to ask...how on earth do I download my notes from evernote in a useable form, or am I going to have to recopy them one by one? this so sucks. and just when I was trying to get others to use it. no one I know is going to pay 44 bucks a year to keep notes that you cant access if you dont pay. very distressed. :-(

I forgot to ask...how on earth do I download my notes from evernote in a useable form, or am I going to have to recopy them one by one? this so sucks. and just when I was trying to get others to use it. no one I know is going to pay 44 bucks a year to keep notes that you cant access if you dont pay. very distressed. :-(

Dude.  Seriously.  Calm down & please read my post above.  If you do not upgrade to premium, you still have access to your notes.  However, FYI, if you want to export your data, EN has an export to html in the desktop clients, which is the best way to export notes that can contain a myriad of file types. 

BurgersandFries, I might be addle brained. but I thought Id payed about 19 bucks for this well over a year ago. I love this tool and if I hadnt paid for it, I would, but not with an expiration date. I mean I dont mind if there is an expiration date for somethings like support, or some unusual feature that wouldnt prohibit access to my content. but I have to tell you Ive been burned by subscription models before. Not all are bad. Adobes is great but your work isnt trapped in their tool either.

okay, if Evernote tells me its always been free, I know Im an imp. and if they tell me Ill always have access to my content...thats better. Ill relax.

but I have a lot of notes in my evernote app on my mac. Id really like to know thats always going to be at my fingertips. and as a safety precaution, if I wanted to transfer my notes out, how on earth I would do it.

thanks for the info on export. I think Im typing just before your responses are showing up. thank you! :-)

I do love evernote. you have NO idea how much! and like I said, if I didnt pay, I would. just not on a subscription model.

cheers!

BurgersandFries, I might be addle brained. but I thought Id payed about 19 bucks for this well over a year ago. I love this tool and if I hadnt paid for it, I would, but not with an expiration date. I mean I dont mind if there is an expiration date for somethings like support, or some unusual feature that wouldnt prohibit access to my content. but I have to tell you Ive been burned by subscription models before. Not all are bad. Adobes is great but your work isnt trapped in their tool either.

okay, if Evernote tells me its always been free, I know Im an imp. and if they tell me Ill always have access to my content...thats better. Ill relax.

but I have a lot of notes in my evernote app on my mac. Id really like to know thats always going to be at my fingertips. and as a safety precaution, if I wanted to transfer my notes out, how on earth I would do it.

Since at least early 2008, Evernote apps have been free. You may have purchased another app that has subsequently been bought by Evernote. IE, Penultimate used to be payware but is free after being acquired by EN. And, IIRC, was never $19. 

Im not a dude.

It's a phrase.  FWIW, I'm not a dude, either.  :P

Archived