(Archived) Cannot copy/paste images from 4.6.3.8096 to other programs

SaltySasquatch

I updated to the latest version (4.6.3.8096 public) Monday morning and immediately lost the ability to copy images from an evernote note and paste them into other evernotes or programs like an outlook email.  It simply wouldn't copy an image to windows clipboard.  It didn't work with the right click menu nor keyboard shortcuts.  I have been using this functioality for about 10 months for work where I need to add multiple images into the body of my emails so I can add text under each describing them.  Having images added as attachments does not work for my situation. It is interesting though that I could copy/paste text with no trouble.

On Monday I had a 20 min chat session with support which ultimately asked me to reinstall the current version.  That did not fix it.  I then submitted my activity log and the next day they requested that I remove, reboot, and reinstall.  Still didn't fix it.

So tonight, 4 days later and tired of waiting for a response, I downloaded a two month old version (hoping to avoid the security issue on the previous version) from OldApps.com.  Add/removed the current version, rebooted, installed version 4.6.1.7860 and my copy/paste is working fine.

I will try to update this post after I hear back from support.

(first time poster BTW)

• 2 weeks later...

I updated to the latest version (4.6.3.8096 public) Monday morning and immediately lost the ability to copy images from an evernote note and paste them into other evernotes or programs like an outlook email.  It simply wouldn't copy an image to windows clipboard.  It didn't work with the right click menu nor keyboard shortcuts.  I have been using this functioality for about 10 months for work where I need to add multiple images into the body of my emails so I can add text under each describing them.  Having images added as attachments does not work for my situation. It is interesting though that I could copy/paste text with no trouble.

On Monday I had a 20 min chat session with support which ultimately asked me to reinstall the current version.  That did not fix it.  I then submitted my activity log and the next day they requested that I remove, reboot, and reinstall.  Still didn't fix it.

So tonight, 4 days later and tired of waiting for a response, I downloaded a two month old version (hoping to avoid the security issue on the previous version) from OldApps.com.  Add/removed the current version, rebooted, installed version 4.6.1.7860 and my copy/paste is working fine.

I will try to update this post after I hear back from support.

(first time poster BTW)

I am having the exact same problem with the latest version 4.6.4.

Would you fix it please!!!

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

A temporary work around, if you have Windows 7, is to use the Snipping Tool that comes installed with Windows 7.

Select the area, and click the Copy button on the interface.

Not certain if Snipping Tool comes with any previous versions of Windows, but I suppose you could also use Alt+PrintScr to capture the active app window, then paste and crop.

I updated to 4.6.4 and the problem persists.  I'm using Windows 8 and Outlook 2013.

I don't understand why this wonderful feature was removed.   Now everytime I clip something I'm forced to copy from evernote to Word, and then from Word to Outlook.

Any estimated date for the fix please?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Any estimated date for the fix please?

Be advised that Evernote employees are generally not allowed to discuss timelines for features and bug fixes. Sometimes they're able to give us hints, but that's not the usual case.

Archived