(Archived) Inventory Idea

Gerry Stephens

Idea

Suggestion: Add an inventory feature. This would work much like the check-boxes. The inventory could be driven by text entry or a picture. The check-box functionality would then have to have a number so that you could enter the quantity of the object. I came to this idea when I was thinking of my friends wine cellar. He keeps his inventory on a spreadsheet. Evernote should be able to do this. I would think this could be expanded to include a functionality for a DVD library where you could indicate to whom you lent something.

1 reply to this idea

Suggestion: Add an inventory feature. This would work much like the check-boxes. The inventory could be driven by text entry or a picture. The check-box functionality would then have to have a number so that you could enter the quantity of the object. I came to this idea when I was thinking of my friends wine cellar. He keeps his inventory on a spreadsheet. Evernote should be able to do this. I would think this could be expanded to include a functionality for a DVD library where you could indicate to whom you lent something.

This can easily be done now.  Take a picture of the item, add a descriptive title, add model/serial number to the note & tag 'inventory'.  You could get more intricate by using tags for specific rooms of the home, too.  And yes, you can do this with DVDs.  I have my DVD library in Evernote.  Well, actually, it's still a work in progress.  ;-)

Archived