(Archived) "Unknown error" trying to log in via web clipper

number8

Chrome 25.0.1364.152

When I try to use the web clipper, I am prompted to log in.

Fill in username, pwd, click "Sign In" -- "Unknown Error".

I can connect to my evernote account via Chrome and desktop app w/o problem.

Anybody have an idea about what's going on w/ Evernote?

Works fine in my testing on OSX 10.8.2 & Chrome 25 stable.

- Have you changed your password recently after the attack?

- Are you using the latest version 5.9.11 of the Web Clipper?

- Is your Chrome up to date? I'm on stable channel and I get version 25.0.1364.172

There has been some Chrome related issues lately so please try if there are any pending updates. 

Works fine in my testing on OSX 10.8.2 & Chrome 25 stable.

- Have you changed your password recently after the attack?

- Are you using the latest version 5.9.11 of the Web Clipper?

- Is your Chrome up to date? I'm on stable channel and I get version 25.0.1364.172

There has been some Chrome related issues lately so please try if there are any pending updates. 

Thanks for the reply.

- yes, password changed, I'm using the new pwd to try to log in to the web clipper

Evernote Web Clipper 5.9.11

- Chrome:  25.0.1364.172 

I'm having the same issue...and I'm on Safari.

I've changed my password

OSX 10.8.2

Evernote Web Clipper 5.9.11

Safari 6.0.2

Had the issue on clipper version 5.9.10 as well...learned that I didn't have automatic updates turned on. Still happening with the new version.

Hi all, one thing I'd like to try is using when logging in:

A - Your short username

B - Your full email address associated with your EN account.

When you submit the login form.

We've seen some server issues on other clients that may be related to these failures. 

Please post back if any of these will let you login successfully. Thx.

Yes, worked with my email. Thanks for being on top of it while this gets sorted out

Same here.  Using email address instead of username allowed me to connect (on the one computer I have tried it on so far).

Hi all,

we are closing in on the root cause for the 'Unknown error' and if you are comfortable trying a beta version of the Clipper you can help us by:

Note: It is extra valuable if you were affected by the issue and then it worked when yo signed in with full email address.  

UPDATE - Issue has been fixed server side. 

Hi all,

This should be fixed by now. Expected is that you can login both with just USERNAME or with EMAIL ADDRESS.

The problem was server side so there is no new version to install.

Let me know if you still have problems.  

Hello,

I just began experiencing this issue this evening at home on my personal laptop - Windows XP. No issues as recently as last evening. I do have the latest version of Web Clipper and Chrome installed.  I did install Web Clipper on my Chrome browser at work and logged in successful earlier today. Could that be related?

Also, I have a desktop with Chrome + Web Clipper and I cannot log in there either. I just got a pop-up indicating that my desktop client failed to synch. But when I launched the client app and clicked synch, it synched successfully.

Any ideas?

UPDATE! I click the icon and couldn't get the log in prompt anymore, then clicked it again and got the log in prompt (much faster this time I should add) and logged in successfully using e-mail address and password, which how I usually log in.

Sounds like there was or is a "Chrome-to-Evernote server" issue. Firefox and IE, as I'm sure you're aware, write to my desktop client app and they continued to work w/o issue.

• 5 months later...

just had the same issue on my ipad2 using safari. using v3.1.1 webclipper. v8.1.13 ios. can log into evernote fine.

have ipad mini and evernote and webclipper both working fine on that.

no recent changes to email/pw.

have tried logging out of evernote and rebooting ipad w/o success.

Archived