(Archived) Any way to save more than 100 searches?

actant

It seems that I can go beyond the limit of notes number (10,0000 for each accound) by register more than one premium account.

But the limit of saved searches number can not be overcome by more than one account, because the bulk of notes to be searched can only be put in a single account.

Please Evernote staff recommend a feasible solution.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Major respect for the size of your database - but limits are limits.  You could reasonably save more than 100 searches by saving the text in a note and sharing that note between accounts so you have full access in both. - Means you have to search twice,  but at least you can search.  Presumably Evernote will increase their limits as time goes on,  but with 50M customers all wanting access to their servers you can see why they'd want to keep some kind of a handle on upper bandwidth use.  If you feel really strongly you could try to make a case with a support request - see below.

Major respect for the size of your database - but limits are limits.  You could reasonably save more than 100 searches by saving the text in a note and sharing that note between accounts so you have full access in both. - Means you have to search twice,  but at least you can search.  Presumably Evernote will increase their limits as time goes on,  but with 50M customers all wanting access to their servers you can see why they'd want to keep some kind of a handle on upper bandwidth use.  If you feel really strongly you could try to make a case with a support request - see below.

Yes, I understand that limits are limites.

But those save searches are simply short-cuts, and have nothing to do with the size of the database and bandwidth consumption.

That's why I think the limit is unreasonable.

And suggest Evernote also enable stacking of those saved searches, just as stacking tags.

By all means, thanks for the reply.

• Level 5*

100 searches is probably an arbitrary limit -- there's probably no intrinsic reason for it, it's more like "Hey, Pat, what should the limit be on number of saved searches?" "Hmm, I don't know -- 100 seems like overkill, let's make it 100." "OK."

I'm guessing they wouldn't raise the limit until they can do something like nesting them, as they did with tags, since scrolling through a 100 member list is onerous. To tell you the truth, 100 searches does sound like a lot -- seems you'd spend more time trying to find the one you want than just constructing a search by hand, if the searches are not complicated. But if you need them, then you need them, so OK.

On the other hand, you could make a special note with the saved search strings for all of the searches that you want organized in the way that you want, and put a shortcut to that note on your favorites bar, and pick up the note text from there and paste it into the search control. Maybe a program like AutoHotKey could even automate the pasting process, not sure about that. It's been proposed already that it would be nice to have the ability to have a saved-search link type available for embedding in a note; that would make this super easy.

Archived