(Archived) CPU usage Evernote desktop app Mac high

MarkoMaximus

Hi,

Since I have my new MacPro, Evernote seems to use a lot of unnecessary CPU, around 27% constantly when not using it...so my battery life is being shortened by 50% or so...you can understand that this is a big problem. Our whole office is using Evernote, but they don't experience the same. Went to the Apple Store and they said it was the software, I uninstalled and reinstalled - nothing helped.

So can someone or Evernote help me with this issue - I need Evernote, but battery as well :-)

Thanks in advance,

Marko

MacPro 15" Retina, Mid 2012

Processor  2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Software  OS X 10.8.2 (12C2034)

post-126783-0-16555100-1363100880_thumb.

• Level 5*

I sadly have the same problem... I synced, waited five minutes (my sync time set at 15 min. intervals), and then checked... http://chir.me/f63r

Same device as well (mostly) — 

MacBook Pro - Retina, Mid 2012

Processor  2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Software  OS X 10.8.2 (12C3012)

No, it's not syncing. I am working with 10 other people on different notebooks, but time is set to sync every 15 minutes, so shouldn't be doing anything.

Thing is that people with older Macs don't experience the same. Checked Pro's, iMacs and Airs in our office....really needs to be fixed, have to be on battery all the time.

Checked few times; spiking from 22-30% without any activity visible in the log. It syncs like it should every 15 min and that takes up about 4-5 secs, so has to be something else...I believe I'm not the only one, chirmer posted here as well experiencing the same issue. Apple said it was software related, but never had troubles with Evernote this way, since my new MacPro (on Flash Drive by the way).

Hope you find a solution.

Best,

Marko

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the same problem. According to my cpu records, cpu usage of evernote is over 100%

When I checked my activity log of evernote, I found this:

• Reindexing the previous document

I thought evernote.com modifies its analysis algorithm. When changes are detected, evernote uses high cpu resources.

I just say: wait.

Archived