(Archived) Livescribe - is 500Mb enough?

Hi everyone.  First posting here - I looked around but couldn't see this answered anywhere so here goes.  (apologies if it's been answered already and I've just missed it!)

I have been using Evernote for a few years now, and recently also started using it as a contact management system and place to store screenshots of my notebook to enable searching.  It's such a great system!

I am quite tempted by the new Livescribe Wifi Echo pen (we're not allowed to call it Sky in the UK for legal reasons  :blink:) and the one thing I keep worrying about is whether even the free upgrade to 500Mb on Evernote would be enough?

I'm thinking that even the smallest pen will hold 2Gb of notes and audio, so how does it all fit into Evernote?  Won't my EN account be filled up really quickly or are the files compressed somehow?  I'd love to hear how any livescribe users out there find the allowance and whether it is enough for the real world.  I don't plan to be recording daily lectures, just meetings every week or so.

Also, does anyone know if the Livescribe EN upgrade is permanent or just for 1 yr?  Not sure I can afford to pay for Premium...   :unsure:

Sorry for asking what is probably a stupid question when you know the answer.  I hope someone is willing to share their experiences.  Thanks!

Hi everyone.  First posting here - I looked around but couldn't see this answered anywhere so here goes.  (apologies if it's been answered already and I've just missed it!)

I have been using Evernote for a few years now, and recently also started using it as a contact management system and place to store screenshots of my notebook to enable searching.  It's such a great system!

I am quite tempted by the new Livescribe Wifi Echo pen (we're not allowed to call it Sky in the UK for legal reasons  :blink:) and the one thing I keep worrying about is whether even the free upgrade to 500Mb on Evernote would be enough?

I'm thinking that even the smallest pen will hold 2Gb of notes and audio, so how does it all fit into Evernote?  Won't my EN account be filled up really quickly or are the files compressed somehow?  I'd love to hear how any livescribe users out there find the allowance and whether it is enough for the real world.  I don't plan to be recording daily lectures, just meetings every week or so.

Also, does anyone know if the Livescribe EN upgrade is permanent or just for 1 yr?  Not sure I can afford to pay for Premium...   :unsure:

Sorry for asking what is probably a stupid question when you know the answer.  I hope someone is willing to share their experiences.  Thanks!

I'm sure the premium upgrade is for a limited time.  IDK if it's a year/three months/a month/etc.  I'm sure it's not for life. 

Did you search the board for the existing Livescribe threads?  I have a Pulse & an Echo but not the Sky version.  IME, the audio files are fairly small.  But then sometimes I edit them so I only upload the relevant part.  IE, an hour audio at a doctor's office may only have 15 minutes of information & the other 45 minutes are the sound of you  entertaining yourself while waiting for the doc. 

Hi teoclaid

BnF is correct your premium upgrade is for 12 months.

As to the 500mB limit, you are very unlikely to get even remotely near it.

I have been using the Sky pen since it was launched and now they have got over a few minor problems it is a superb tool. I record notes and sound from meetings, sometimes up to 2 hours long and don't get near my the 500mB limit.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Chris

Thanks so much BurgersNFries and C6REW.  This is just the sort of info I needed. 

And yes, I had looked at a few threads - and picked up lots of useful info - but no-one seemed to mention file sizes.  It also occurred to me after posting - the 500Mb limit is a monthly update limit, isn't it?  So hopefully that makes it easier not to run over too.  

Great to hear that this isn't likely to be a problem.  Thanks again for your feedback.  Must go and save my pennies to get a Livescribe now  ;)

teoclaid

Archived