"Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client side"

pefwong

I use basic Evernote and sync across my laptop & iPhone.  This morning I downloaded the newest version of Evernote and now when I try to sync my notes, I get the following error message: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client side.

I looked for a solution on other forums, but couldn't find anything - this is the error code from the activity log: EDAMUserException: errorCode=PERMISSION_DENIED parameter="authenticationToken"

How can I fix this problem?

I was also experiencing this on my Windows machine with the windows client. In my case, it turned out to be an issue with shared notebooks. (notebooks from a different account that were shared with this one). I removed the shared notebooks from my account and then re-added them and now the error has gone away. 

It is such a vague message I have no idea if my solution will work for you though.

I did submit a support ticket before figuring this out myself, and did not get any useful information at all. The response was all about the password reset thing and really looked like they didn't bother to actually read the problem. But I'd still suggest submitting a support ticket as well if the shared notebook thing doesn't work

I was also experiencing this on my Windows machine with the windows client. In my case, it turned out to be an issue with shared notebooks. (notebooks from a different account that were shared with this one). I removed the shared notebooks from my account and then re-added them and now the error has gone away. 

It is such a vague message I have no idea if my solution will work for you though.

I did submit a support ticket before figuring this out myself, and did not get any useful information at all. The response was all about the password reset thing and really looked like they didn't bother to actually read the problem. But I'd still suggest submitting a support ticket as well if the shared notebook thing doesn't work

sschertz - Interesting, this seemed to work for me too.  No idea why, and I'm hoping I can re-add the shared notebooks.  If that doesn't work, I'll definitely submit a support ticket.  Thanks for the tip!

• Level 5*

Same problem on one of our PCs here.

Dear Evernote support, please answer.

Thx

Evernote support will answer you if you open a support request. Please see the link in my signature.

• 3 months later...

It's probably a problem with a note that is in a shared notebook. Deleting the note should fix the problem; or if you can't figure out which note it is, you can unlink yourself from the shared notebook and then have the notebook's owner re-invite you.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem when I got the error message "sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client side", even though it was working fine for a month and my notebook isn't shared.  The web client could sync with my Android phone but I couldn't save new notes nor delete the trash on the desktop client.  I suspected that the database on my Windows 7 PC might be corrupted, so here's how I fixed the problem:

1) uninstal Evernote on desktop

2) delete the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote

3) reboot

4) reinstal Evernote

5) log in and sync again

This worked for me and my desktop client is syncing normally again.  Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

This problem may have more than one cause but my solution turned out to be deleting the URL reference to Catch that seemed to be associated with some of my notes. The line I'm talking about is in the upper left hand corner underneath "Click to set author . . ." in the Windows version. Once I deleted those the android version of Evernotes synced up with the Windows version. Needless to say, I moved my notes from Catch over to Evernote. I don't remember how I did it but (Copy and Paste?) but both Catch and Evernote use the same gmail account so that may be the issue and Catch very recently went out of business - the end of August I think, and that is about when I started having sync problems.

I had this same problem as well. It was on my work PC, which is Windows 7. At the same time, I had no issues with my MacBook or my iPhone. I thought it was wierd that I could sync elsehwhere, but just not on the PC.

I tried all the things suggested in this thread. I opened a ticket with EN. They suggested a handful of things, but meanwhile, while they were trying to figure it out, I remember that IE got upgraded to 10. I don't even use IE expect for one work application that requires it.

I uninstalled IE 10, and bam!!! Been good ever since.

Brian

Just a quick note on this error.  I just had the same issue.  Turns out my issue was I converted some older notebooks to local.  The same note books were trying to sync from the site and as a result caused the error.  Just login to your Evernote account and delete the notebooks, then you can sync without an error.

Rich

I am now having this problem on a Win 7 notebook. I tied everything that was suggested and still will not sync. There is probably a note snagging it somewhere, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot that. I am on the latest version.

• 1 month later...

I'm on this issue too....I tried to delete the note that locks evernot on the source notebook but anything changed. It's just lock because I don't have permission to DO something on one note.

0% Updating server note "xxxxxxxxxxx", resource count: 0
0% * guid={360d0501-906c-49be-abd3-25e80ab09947}
0% EDAMUserException: errorCode=PERMISSION_DENIED parameter="authenticationToken"

Moreover, I thought to unlink the shared notebook and back, BUT I will risk to loose the notes I added after the "locking note" because those are currently not uploaded on the account and are not synced.

I thought also to sort notes by user BUT in the shared notebook from my side it's not shown the note owner!....

I can't find a solution.

It's more than a month that I am facing the problem...

• 1 month later...

I had this same problem after upgrading to Windows 8.1. I tried several of the solutions above, but what finally woked for me was:

1) Uninstall Evernote (ouch!)

2) Nothing belonging to Evernote was left in C:\...\Program Files (x86), so: I deleted all the Evernote folders in C:\Users\<my id>\AppData\. These were in the Local and LocalLow folders (nothing in the Roaming folder.

3) Re-installed Evernote and sync'd

Works fine now.

jfh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those of you whom completed the delete/ reinstall...... my concern is I just imported some 1000+ files and have been trying to sync... how can I be sure those files are now part of my DB if I am having the error... I dont want to go and delete all of this, resync and not have those new data files.. Thouights? I deas? I opened a ticket but did not see where I could attach my activity log to show the errors I am getting

I'm on this issue too....I tried to delete the note that locks evernot on the source notebook but anything changed. It's just lock because I don't have permission to DO something on one note.

0% EDAMUserException: errorCode=PERMISSION_DENIED parameter="authenticationToken"

Moreover, I thought to unlink the shared notebook and back, BUT I will risk to loose the notes I added after the "locking note" because those are currently not uploaded on the account and are not synced.

I thought also to sort notes by user BUT in the shared notebook from my side it's not shown the note owner!....

I can't find a solution.

Hi Team-

This is a pretty generic error in the log file and can point to different errors.

"Nope" is on the right track here, but needs to look a couple more lines up in the log file.  The issue is most likely the notebook that the "xxxxxxxxxx" note is trying to access.  If you see a notebook 4-5 lines above the:

you have found the root cause.

In most cases it is a shared notebook that is no longer valid.  Perhaps the owner renamed the notebook, deleted the notebook or changed access priviages. 

Here's what to do:

Delete or leave that notebook (right click).  Then go back to the person who shared the notebook and ask them to reshare with modify rights.

If this is not the case for you, or if you want additional help interpreting the log file, feel free to open a support ticket.  We are here to help.

• 2 months later...

Same issue for me as well. Removed the shared folder (both locally and online) but it didn't work. I don't have IE installed so that isn't the issue either. Uninstalling and reinstalling unforuntately didn't do it either.

Any other ideas on how to resolve this?

I just encountered the same error, but for me it was as simple as restarting the application. Of course when you exit out of the app make sure that it does not sit in the background. A simple reboot of pc would do too.

I had sync issue with Windows desktop client on WIndows 8 os.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find a solution.

Hi Team-

This is a pretty generic error in the log file and can point to different errors.

"Nope" is on the right track here, but needs to look a couple more lines up in the log file.  The issue is most likely the notebook that the "xxxxxxxxxx" note is trying to access.  If you see a notebook 4-5 lines above the:

In most cases it is a shared notebook that is no longer valid.  Perhaps the owner renamed the notebook, deleted the notebook or changed access priviages. 

Here's what to do:

Delete or leave that notebook (right click).  Then go back to the person who shared the notebook and ask them to reshare with modify rights.

If this is not the case for you, or if you want additional help interpreting the log file, feel free to open a support ticket.  We are here to help.

I've been having this problem for a few weeks. I then started to try and delete what I thought was causing the problem. Then I found this forum and read the above quoted "helps". After checking out "Help">"Activity Log". I realized that it already knew what the problem was. But I distinctly remembered deleting the problem note. Thus the boneheaded step I forgot to do, EMPTY THE TRASH!! After I emptied the trash, all was well and happy in Evernote land. Thanks for the tips. Hopefully my little reminder to empty the trash will help someone else.

Just a quick note on this error.  I just had the same issue.  Turns out my issue was I converted some older notebooks to local.  The same note books were trying to sync from the site and as a result caused the error.  Just login to your Evernote account and delete the notebooks, then you can sync without an error.

Rich

But first, copy your notes somewhere or you will lose them. Should have thought of that.

I have also tried the suggested ideas within this forum. I uninstalled evernote, deleted the file, rebooted and then reinstalled. All of my shared notebooks are ones that I have shared with others so I can't delete. HELP!! This is my lifeline. I don't want to rely on the web version only. I miss my windows version on my laptop.

I have also tried the suggested ideas within this forum. I uninstalled evernote, deleted the file, rebooted and then reinstalled. All of my shared notebooks are ones that I have shared with others so I can't delete. HELP!! This is my lifeline. I don't want to rely on the web version only. I miss my windows version on my laptop.

1. Open the last log file: \logs\AppLog_YYYY-MM-DD.txt
2. at the end of file, it looks like:

12:53:05 [7916] 0% Creating server note "YOUR NOTE TITLE", resource count: 2
   12:53:06 [7916] 0% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Data.body"
   12:53:06 [7916] 0% Session terminated abnormally, elapsed time: 6s
   12:53:06 [7916] 0% * sent: 14.9KB, received: 275B
   12:53:06 [7968] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
   12:53:06 [7968] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client side
   12:53:06 [7968] * elapsed time: 6s

3. then delete the note "YOUR NOTE TITLE" in your evernote, and empty the trush.
4. Re-sync.
5. done.

good luck!

I can't find a solution.

Hi Team-

Here's what to do:

I've been having this problem for a few weeks. I then started to try and delete what I thought was causing the problem. Then I found this forum and read the above quoted "helps". After checking out "Help">"Activity Log". I realized that it already knew what the problem was. But I distinctly remembered deleting the problem note. Thus the boneheaded step I forgot to do, EMPTY THE TRASH!! After I emptied the trash, all was well and happy in Evernote land. Thanks for the tips. Hopefully my little reminder to empty the trash will help someone else.

I am running W7 and started with the sync problems today. I have just read about the problem here and being lazy and not wanting to uninstall/reinstall, delete logs etc. all I did was to delete my 333 notes in the trash (none were shared or in any way special) exit Ever-note and restart Ever-note and hey presto, syncing perfect! Many thanks for all the advice on this forum. hope my experience helps others as a first simple attempt to solve the syncing problem.

The solution for me was as follows:-

in the Windows Desktop Version:

Click

Tools>Option>Open Log Folder

Once in the log folder, open the latest file, any text editor will do. Examine the last few entries and you may see the offending note that is causing the issue. Copies the note to another not and deleted the offending note.

Re-synced and all is working well

I had the same problem when I got the error message "sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client side", even though it was working fine for a month and my notebook isn't shared.  The web client could sync with my Android phone but I couldn't save new notes nor delete the trash on the desktop client.  I suspected that the database on my Windows 7 PC might be corrupted, so here's how I fixed the problem:

1) uninstal Evernote on desktop
2) delete the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote
3) reboot
4) reinstal Evernote
5) log in and sync again

This worked for me and my desktop client is syncing normally again.  Hope this helps.

If you do this, will you lose your un-synced notes???

The solution for me was as follows:-

in the Windows Desktop Version:

Click

Tools>Option>Open Log Folder

Once in the log folder, open the latest file, any text editor will do. Examine the last few entries and you may see the offending note that is causing the issue. Copies the note to another not and deleted the offending note.

Re-synced and all is working well

Worked like a charm for me.  Found the offending notes and deleted them (moving them  might work as well). Thanks!

Here is a solution found in Korean website. (If you could not find out solution with any measures above)

1. In evernote, Go to File > Logout 'Username'

2. If Evernote has closed, please re-open it. You will now be on 'Sign-in' page.

3. Go to "Evernote" > "Options" (Upper Left-hand corner) -> Click on the "Open Database files folder" button.

4. Move the file with your username (ending in ".exb") to a different location. For example, move it to your computer's desktop.

5. Sign in to your Evernote with your Username and Password => Wait for your account data to synchronize to your machine from the database.

Hope, this information would be helpful to you.

• 2 months later...

Had the same issue today. 

Based on the advice in this thread I saved the log file, opened up in word, and did a search for "exception"

there were 12 instances of something similar to:

20:59:21 [5048] 0% Updating server note "Snapshot @ my town", resource count: 1

20:59:21 [5048] 0% * guid={hash}

20:59:21 [5048] 0% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Data.body"

20:59:22 [5044] Client synchronization finished, status: failed

20:59:22 [5044] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at the client side

20:59:22 [5044] * elapsed time: 3s

The title of the offending note is underlined above.

The same note was the culprit in all 12 error instances!

It was in my inbox. 

I deleted this note and then deleted from the trash.

Sync now functions normally.  :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't sync either on my desktop version.

I have Evernote on desktop, android mobile and ipad.

I checked the activity log and saw the following:

10:53:08 [6516] 0% Creating server notebook "xxxx"
10:53:11 [6516] 0% EDAMUserException: errorCode=LIMIT_REACHED parameter="Notebook"
10:53:11 [5520] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
10:53:11 [5520] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at the client side

I deleted the notebook "xxxx" and now I can sync. 

I had this problem for three weeks on Windows. Evernote support could not resolve. Finally was able to make synch work by uninstalling and reinstalling EN Windows but lost my unsynched data from the most recent 20 days, as it was not residing on the EN web version. Since I had copied and saved the database I thought I could restore the unsynched data, but do not see how. Is there a way to regain access to my my backed up data set with the most recent data?

Sigh ... the latest version of Evernote seems to insist on giving me fits on Windows 8.1. I've emptied the trash, I've uninstalled using Revo Pro and reinstalled after a full cleanout. yet it continues to say that. The peculiar thing is that the sync seems to actually work, as clipped notes are showing up and the counts between the web app and the Windows app agree perfectly. So what is going on? It is disconcerting to see errors ... here is the entry for the activity log ...

Evernote for Windows 5.4.1.3962 (271962) Public
User: kletkeman
Memory: 38.9MB
Created: 2014/07/14 22:54:13
---
Bootstrap info: loadedFresh
<bootstrap_info><profile name="Evernote"><settings account_email_domain="m.evernote.com" cardscanUrl="https://cscan.evernote.com/cardagain" enable_facebook_sharing="1" enable_gift_subscriptions="1" enable_linkedin_sharing="1" enable_shared_notebooks="1" enable_single_notesharing="1" enable_sponsored_accounts="1" enable_support_tickets="1" enable_twitter_sharing="1" marketing_url="http://evernote.com" service_host="www.evernote.com" support_url="https://evernote.com/contact/support/"/></profile></bootstrap_info>
---
22:52:45 [11844] Client synchronization started
22:52:45 [8464] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s90
22:52:45 [8464] 0% Loaded updateCount: 23495
22:52:45 [8464] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=0
22:52:45 [8464] 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount: 23495
22:52:45 [8464] 0% Updating server items
22:52:45 [8464] 0% Updating server note "When Will 'The World's Dumbest Idea' ...", resource count: 33
22:52:45 [8464] 0% * guid={963fc181-4e45-40e7-b03f-96110d1c12ff}
22:52:46 [8464] 0% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Data.body"
22:52:46 [11844] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
22:52:46 [11844] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at the client side
22:52:46 [11844] * elapsed time: 1s

Grrr...Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. Here is mine.

I had several Notes from July 9th that weren't syncing. I was frustrated because some Notes from that day through today were synced, but others weren't. It didn't make sense and I couldn't find any answers until I looked here.

Reading the cryptic Activity Log led me to Delete a rather large Note that was 51.1 MB.

I also had to Empty the Trash.

I'm back in business now....Yay!

The future is bright and I don't see using paper ever more.....Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I've recently made the commitment to use Evernote on a daily basis.  The problem I'm having is, obviously, the same one everyone in this topic have been expressing.  I've tried EVERYTHING EVERYONE has suggested, with no avail. Quite frankly it's discouraging me from using Evernote.  All I did was create Notebooks, where I'll be able to move my Notes to; I also downloaded the app to my Android phone.  I have created ZERO notes.  All I'm trying to do is sync the Notebooks to my Android app (from my windows program) - should be the basic of all operations.  Is there someone who can assist me with these problems, before I delete everything related to Evernote?

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the forum! Just as a future FYI, when encountering an issue you need fast help on, you may want to just start your own thread rather than piggy backing on an existing one. That would help other users spot it quicker.

Anyway, onto your question...

First you need to understand that your computer and phone are *not* syncing to each other. Evernote (EN) is a cloud base service so when you sync your data from either device, it goes to the EN Servers.

Local (offline) Notebooks are not synced to the cloud. To find out if any of your notebooks are Local without your intending them to be, go into your EN account using your Windows App. Right-click on each notebook and select Properties. If you don't want whatever notebook you're looking at to be a Local one, de-select that option. (Has a little tick box beside it.)

Now, in terms of accessing your database from your phone:

After ensuring while in Windows that all the notebooks you want on cloud are *not* ticked in Properties as being "Local," - so you can also access them with your phone - do a manual sync to the servers. This is called Syncing UP.

Once they have successfully synced, open EN on you phone and again manually sync. That will Sync DOWN from the servers to your phone.

NOTE: Mobile clients (clients = device specific apps, Android in your case) do *not* sync down entire notebooks. They only sync down Headers, which can include the title and small snippets of data from your Notes. Also, while Windows will automatically store a complete copy of your EN database on your hardrive, it will not do so on your phone unless you are a Premium or Business user. In the case of the latter - which is handy if you want guaranteed access to certain notes when offline, i.e. travelling with no wi-fi available - Premium and Business users can create two Local notebooks to store on your phone. Otherwise, all copies of your data is stored in your phone's Cache. Which is temporary and self-deleting storage, so your data may or may not be there. Don't rely on it.

Back to Syncing Down from the servers to your phone...

Once you have successfully Synced Down, you can open any existing note (assuming you have internet access) and EN will then pull down the entire note from their servers. Or you can create a new note(s).

Rule of thumb:

Regardless of whether on Windows or Android, ALWAYS Sync each as soon as you open them, do whatever work you need to, and ALWAYS Sync again before exiting Evernote.

Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...

Hello

I have the premium version of Evernote. I am not sharing notebooks with anyone. I use Evernote on:

• Windows 8.1
  • Windows Mobile 8.1
  • Mac
  • IPad

Today I get the message: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client side.

I can see that I am not the only one with that problem. 

Lets say I reinstall everything as has been suggested by some whe experienced the same problem, download 15 - 30 GB of data - not my idea of a good time but - how secure can I be that it will not happen again?

Any comments, any idea what to do?

With best regards

Peter Skouhus

So, in despair I uninstalled Evernote, these all the folders as instructed through numerous posts, restart my computer, said a silent prayer…

Evernote then downloaded all my content and everything was fine, except that I was missing about one hour of work. The following day (today) I proceeded to use Evernote to recuperate the  lost data.

About 45 minutes into that job the same message appears and Evernote stopped synchronizing: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client site.

I have contacted Evernote but I've not heard anything. I see to my great surprise that Evernote – despite being a global Company and having customers all over the world – only support during regular US working hours and not on weekends and Holidays, I'm not sure if there is a Holiday in the US since I've not heard anything.…

@Evernote: would you please help me resolve in this problem. I am using Evernote every single day exactly the way I'm supposed to, I'm probably a power user, but I do not share notebooks.

I am really getting scared, because if I cannot rely 100% on Evernote I cannot use the tool.

Should I change to OneNote? Can anyone help?

so problem solved, as it turned out there is a limited of 250 notebooks in Evernote and I had exceeded that.

Fair enough but why the h..k did Evernote not display a message like:

You have exceeded your quota of 250 notebooks. Please remove one or more notebooks to ensure you are not exceeding the limited then try to syncing again.

I lost 3 hours of my valuable time contacting support and studying the Internet etc.

• Level 5*

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  I agree, Evernote should have provided a friendly warning when you tried to create the 251'st NB, and not allowed it to happen.

If you wish you can file a complaint/bug report:

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug, crash, or data lost", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

Since you are a Premium account owner, you should get a response within 1 business day.

You can also do a Chat if you prefer, available 9am-4pm US PST. (Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

Thanks for the encouragement!

For me Evernote is a business tool. I really don't care if I use Evernote, OneNote or something else note, but I care a great deal about not waisting my time.

The hole exercise cost me 3 hours. I am pretty sure that I am not the first in the world to had this problem and I fail to understand that Evernote do not have a proper message in place. What a total waist of time....

• 1 month later...

problem solved!!..

I deleted the database of evernote from my pc. Deleting files from program files wont fix the problem.The path given below is the path where it backups the data.

[C:\Users\prince\AppData\Local\Evernote]

Else even if you uninstall and re install the app the problem will prevail. But there is a catch. It will have to sync all the notes saved online. But its nothing.

After deleting the database i re installed the software and it was all new. No data was present. Freshly synced all the data i stored from server. And its all good.

Meantime if you struggling to arrange and add notes during this issue you can use web client.

hope it will be a help.

Hi All,

After a lot of heart ache waiting for a response from Evernote and trying to fix it myself it was as simple as emptying the trash folder and then clicking the sync button.  All fixed! Can't believe it was that simple

I had the same problem, emptied the trash folder and now works fine!

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

I can't find a solution.

Hi Team-

Here's what to do:

I finally got this working ... and providing additional information in case it can help others ...

I tried syncing, and then looked in the log file found under the help menu.  I noted the first

line on creating a server tag, and then the second line DATA_CONFLICT error.

I restarted Evernote, deleted the offending "republican" tag, emptied the trash, and then successfully

synced. 

Hope this helps.  Ken

19:59:34 [41] 42% Updating server items

---> 19:59:34 [41] 42% Creating server tag "republican"

---> 19:59:34 [41] 42% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_CONFLICT parameter="Tag.name"

19:59:34 [74] Client synchronization finished, status: failed

19:59:34 [74] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at the client side

• 2 months later...

When the sync fails, go through the entries at the end of the latest log file, as other users have suggested. In my case it was a not a note but a few tags that were causing the failure.

EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_CONFLICT parameter="Tag.parentGuid"

The truant tag was shown a couple of lines above this entry.

I had to delete the tag that was not syncing to make the problem go away. The exercise was painful because there were many such tags (I had done a lot of cleanup of my Evernote data recently) and some of these tags had sub-tags (so I had to create new ones, move the sub-tags and delete the older main tag).

It took a lot of time but ultimately the problem went away.

Hello all, 

It looks like there have been some good suggestions in this thread - Thanks for all the good tips.

Keep in mind that  "Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client side"  is a generic error message that may have a root cause other than the ones discussed here.

If you see the error and are not able to find a workaround in this thread, please open a support request. https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Please include a log file with the request.  To pull a log from the desktop apps, do the following:

Click the Sync button, and then:

1. In the menu, go to: Help > Activity Log...
  2. Click the "Save" button in that window to save your log to a file
  3. Please reply to this email and attach that file as an attachment to your reply (don't try to paste it into your reply, since it may be very large).

Your Activity Log contains a detailed list of the steps being performed by the Evernote application that will help us diagnose the problem you are experiencing.    

Thanks!  
  • Level 5*

Post 58 is an answer, let alone best?  Go find and try a bunch of stuff in a multi-page thread and if that doesn't work submit a trouble ticket? 

One could at least summarize the try and fix steps prior to the create ticket step.  Just sayin...... ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I also have this error.  I have deleted my Trash and also a shared note (I don't have many) but the problem persists. I have an Activity Log but this form will not allow me to attach it.

Not sure if this is relevant:

13:52:19 [12360] 0% * guid={1ecb27a8-8408-4fee-be76-b4ee28770b9d}

13:52:19 [12360] 0% * updateCount: 3207 --> 3208

13:52:19 [12360] 100% Saved account updateCount: 3208

13:52:20 [4340] 0% SyncClientTask: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)

13:52:20 [4340] Client synchronization finished, status: failed

13:52:20 [4340] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior client side

13:52:20 [4340] * 1 item sent

13:52:20 [4340] * elapsed time: 1s

13:52:19 [12360] 0% * guid={1ecb27a8-8408-4fee-be76-b4ee28770b9d}

13:52:19 [12360] 0% * updateCount: 3207 --> 3208

13:52:19 [12360] 100% Saved account updateCount: 3208

13:52:20 [4340] 0% SyncClientTask: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)

13:52:20 [4340] Client synchronization finished, status: failed

13:52:20 [4340] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior client side

13:52:20 [4340] * 1 item sent

13:52:20 [4340] * elapsed time: 1s

Thanks

Mel

Here it is! Having trouble syncing

21:26:20 [11536] 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount: 9444
21:26:20 [11536] 0% Connecting account teamroyvon
21:26:20 [11548] 0% * 0 notes returned
21:26:20 [11548] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:26:20 [11548] 0% Retrieving lock status for 1 note from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:26:20 [11536] 0% Connecting account teamroyvon
21:26:21 [11548] 0% * 0 notes returned
21:26:21 [11548] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:26:21 [11548] 0% Retrieving lock status for 1 note from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:26:23 [11548] 0% * 1 note returned
21:26:43 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s19
21:26:43 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:26:43 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s280
21:26:43 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:26:44 [11852] 0% * 1 note returned
21:26:53 [11536] 0% Retrieving missing search text for 3 resources
21:26:53 [11536] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s19
21:26:53 [11536] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:26:53 [11536] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s280
21:26:53 [11536] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:26:53 [11536] 0% Loaded business updateCount: 177514
21:26:54 [4884] Finding related content for note 31054
21:26:54 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:26:54 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s280
21:26:54 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:26:54 [11536] 0% Client is up to date with the business server, updateCount: 177514
21:26:54 [11536] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:26:55 [11852] 0% * 1 note returned
21:26:55 [11536] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:01 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:01 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s280
21:27:01 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:27:02 [11852] 0% * 1 note returned
21:27:05 [4884] * Retrieved from server 6 related content items for note 31054
21:27:05 [4884] Finding related content for note 31192
21:27:12 [4884] * Retrieved from server 6 related content items for note 31192
21:27:12 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s19
21:27:12 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:13 [9396] Checking UpSell: Checking Eligiblity
21:27:13 [9396] Checking UpSell: Not Eligible: Too soon, check API after 2015/08/24 08:27:15
21:27:15 [11536] 0% Updating business server items
21:27:18 [11536] 0% Creating server note "Central July 15", resource count: 111
21:27:21 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s19
21:27:21 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:21 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s280
21:27:21 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:27:23 [11852] 0% * 1 note returned
21:27:31 [11536] 0% Out of memory.
21:27:31 [11536] 0% NoteStoreClient: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:27:31 [11536] 0% SyncBusinessTask: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:27:31 [6136] 0% SyncClientTask: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:27:31 [6136] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
21:27:31 [6136] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior client side
21:27:31 [6136] * elapsed time: 1m 14s
21:27:33 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s19
21:27:33 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:33 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s280
21:27:33 [11968] Finding related content for note 31054
21:27:34 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s19
21:27:34 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:34 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:27:35 [11852] 0% * 1 note returned
21:27:36 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:36 [11968] Finding related content for note 31054
21:27:37 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:37 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:27:38 [11852] 0% * 1 note returned
21:27:38 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:39 [3356] Client synchronization started
21:27:39 [1924] 0% Connecting account teamroyvon
21:27:39 [1924] 0% Loaded updateCount: 9444
21:27:39 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s19
21:27:39 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:39 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:27:39 [1924] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=0
21:27:39 [1924] 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount: 9444
21:27:39 [11852] 0% * 1 note returned
21:27:42 [11968] * Retrieved from server 6 related content items for note 31054
21:27:44 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s19
21:27:44 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:45 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:45 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 2 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:27:45 [11852] 0% * 0 notes returned
21:27:47 [1924] 0% Retrieving missing search text for 3 resources
21:27:47 [1924] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:47 [1924] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:47 [1924] 0% Loaded business updateCount: 177514
21:27:47 [1924] 0% Client is up to date with the business server, updateCount: 177514
21:27:48 [1924] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:49 [1924] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:50 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:50 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s280
21:27:50 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:27:51 [11852] 0% * 1 note returned
21:27:51 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:51 [1924] 0% Updating business server items
21:27:52 [2616] Finding related content for note 31192
21:27:52 [2616] * Retrieved 6 cached related content items for note 31192
21:27:57 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:57 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:27:57 [11852] 0% * 1 note returned
21:27:57 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:27:57 [1924] 0% Creating server note "Central July 15", resource count: 111
21:28:00 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:28:00 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:28:00 [11852] 0% * 1 note returned
21:28:01 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:28:02 [1924] 0% Out of memory.
21:28:02 [1924] 0% NoteStoreClient: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:28:02 [1924] 0% SyncBusinessTask: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:28:02 [3356] 0% SyncClientTask: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:28:02 [4228] Finding related content for note 31192
21:28:03 [3356] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
21:28:03 [3356] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior client side
21:28:03 [3356] * elapsed time: 24s
21:28:04 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s19
21:28:04 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:28:04 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:28:04 [11852] 0% * 1 note returned
21:28:06 [4228] Finding related content for note 31054
21:28:06 [4228] * Retrieved 6 cached related content items for note 31054
21:28:06 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:28:06 [3356] Client synchronization started
21:28:06 [1924] 0% Connecting account teamroyvon
21:28:06 [1924] 0% Loaded updateCount: 9444
21:28:06 [1924] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=0
21:28:06 [1924] 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount: 9444
21:28:06 [1924] 0% Connecting account teamroyvon
21:28:07 [1924] 0% Connecting account teamroyvon
21:28:07 [4228] Finding related content for note 31054
21:28:07 [4228] * Retrieved 6 cached related content items for note 31054
21:28:10 [11852] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s19
21:28:10 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:28:10 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:28:10 [11852] 0% * 1 note returned
21:28:10 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:28:12 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:28:12 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:28:13 [11852] 0% * 1 note returned
21:28:13 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:28:13 [9396] Checking UpSell: Checking Eligiblity
21:28:13 [9396] Checking UpSell: Not Eligible: Too soon, check API after 2015/08/24 08:27:15
21:28:14 [11852] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:28:14 [11852] 0% Retrieving lock status for 2 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:28:14 [11852] 0% * 0 notes returned
21:28:21 [1924] 0% Retrieving missing search text for 3 resources
21:28:21 [2508] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:28:21 [2508] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s280
21:28:21 [2508] 0% Loaded business updateCount: 177514
21:28:21 [2508] 0% Client is up to date with the business server, updateCount: 177514
21:28:22 [2508] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:28:24 [2508] 0% Updating business server items
21:28:42 [2508] 0% Creating server note "Central July 15", resource count: 111
21:28:48 [2508] 0% Out of memory.
21:28:48 [2508] 0% NoteStoreClient: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:28:48 [2508] 0% SyncBusinessTask: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:28:48 [3356] 0% SyncClientTask: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:28:49 [3356] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
21:28:49 [3356] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior client side
21:28:49 [3356] * elapsed time: 42s
21:29:01 [6620] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s19
21:29:01 [6620] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:29:01 [6620] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s280
21:29:01 [6620] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:29:01 [6620] 0% * 1 note returned
21:29:01 [6620] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:29:02 [6620] 0% * 1 note returned
21:29:02 [6620] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:29:02 [7112] Client synchronization started
21:29:02 [8572] 0% Connecting account teamroyvon
21:29:02 [8572] 0% Loaded updateCount: 9444
21:29:03 [8572] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=0
21:29:03 [8572] 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount: 9444
21:29:03 [8572] 0% Connecting account teamroyvon
21:29:03 [8572] 0% Connecting account teamroyvon
21:29:04 [8572] 0% Retrieving missing search text for 3 resources
21:29:04 [8572] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:29:04 [8572] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:29:05 [8572] 0% Loaded business updateCount: 177514
21:29:05 [8572] 0% Client is up to date with the business server, updateCount: 177514
21:29:05 [8572] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:29:05 [8572] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:29:07 [8572] 0% Updating business server items
21:29:09 [8572] 0% Creating server note "Central July 15", resource count: 111
21:29:11 [6620] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s19
21:29:11 [6620] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:29:11 [6620] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s280
21:29:11 [6620] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:29:12 [6620] 0% * 1 note returned
21:29:12 [6620] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:29:13 [8572] 0% Out of memory.
21:29:13 [8572] 0% NoteStoreClient: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:29:13 [8572] 0% SyncBusinessTask: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:29:13 [7112] 0% SyncClientTask: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:29:13 [7112] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
21:29:13 [7112] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior client side
21:29:13 [7112] * elapsed time: 11s
21:29:13 [9396] Checking UpSell: Checking Eligiblity
21:29:13 [9396] Checking UpSell: Not Eligible: Too soon, check API after 2015/08/24 08:27:15
21:29:14 [6620] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:29:14 [6620] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:29:15 [6620] 0% * 1 note returned
21:29:15 [6620] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:13 [9396] Checking UpSell: Checking Eligiblity
21:30:13 [9396] Checking UpSell: Not Eligible: Too soon, check API after 2015/08/24 08:27:15
21:30:32 [9396] Registered session count: 1, last session: 2015/08/23 21:30:00
21:30:32 [8208] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s19
21:30:32 [8208] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:32 [8208] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s280
21:30:32 [8208] 0% Retrieving lock status for 5 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:30:34 [8208] 0% * 0 notes returned
21:30:35 [8208] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:35 [8208] 0% Retrieving lock status for 4 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:30:35 [8208] 0% * 0 notes returned
21:30:37 [8208] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:37 [8208] 0% Retrieving lock status for 4 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:30:37 [8208] 0% * 0 notes returned
21:30:39 [8208] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:39 [8208] 0% Retrieving lock status for 4 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:30:39 [8208] 0% * 0 notes returned
21:30:44 [8208] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:44 [8208] 0% Retrieving lock status for 2 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:30:44 [10520] Client synchronization started
21:30:44 [11408] 0% Connecting account teamroyvon
21:30:44 [11408] 0% Loaded updateCount: 9444
21:30:44 [8208] 0% * 0 notes returned
21:30:44 [8208] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s19
21:30:44 [8208] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:44 [8208] 0% Retrieving lock status for 4 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:30:45 [8208] 0% * 0 notes returned
21:30:45 [8208] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:45 [8208] 0% Retrieving lock status for 2 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:30:45 [8208] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:45 [8208] 0% Retrieving lock status for 4 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:30:45 [11408] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=1
21:30:45 [11408] 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount: 9444
21:30:45 [11408] 0% Connecting account teamroyvon
21:30:46 [11408] 0% Connecting account teamroyvon
21:30:46 [8208] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:46 [8208] 0% Retrieving lock status for 2 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:30:46 [8208] 0% * 0 notes returned
21:30:46 [8208] 0% Retrieving lock status for 4 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:30:46 [8208] 0% * 0 notes returned
21:30:46 [8208] 0% Retrieving lock status for 2 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:30:47 [8208] 0% * 0 notes returned
21:30:47 [8208] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:47 [8208] 0% Retrieving lock status for 4 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:30:47 [8208] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:47 [8208] 0% Retrieving lock status for 2 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:30:47 [11408] 0% Retrieving missing search text for 3 resources
21:30:48 [8208] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:48 [8208] 0% Retrieving lock status for 4 notes from "www.evernote.com/s280"
21:30:48 [8124] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:48 [8124] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s280
21:30:48 [8208] 0% * 0 notes returned
21:30:48 [8124] 0% Loaded business updateCount: 177514
21:30:48 [8124] 0% Client is up to date with the business server, updateCount: 177514
21:30:49 [8124] 0% Connecting to business Royvon Dog Hotels & Training
21:30:51 [8124] 0% Updating business server items
21:30:57 [8124] 0% Creating server note "Central July 15", resource count: 111
21:31:13 [9396] Checking UpSell: Checking Eligiblity
21:31:13 [9396] Checking UpSell: Not Eligible: Too soon, check API after 2015/08/24 08:27:15
21:31:15 [8124] 0% Out of memory.
21:31:15 [8124] 0% NoteStoreClient: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:31:15 [8124] 0% SyncBusinessTask: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:31:15 [10520] 0% SyncClientTask: setting error to 3 (syncFailedDueToClientBehavior)
21:31:15 [10520] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
21:31:15 [10520] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior client side
21:31:15 [10520] * elapsed time: 30s
21:32:13 [9396] Checking UpSell: Checking Eligiblity
21:32:13 [9396] Checking UpSell: Not Eligible: Too soon, check API after 2015/08/24 08:27:15

Archived