(Archived) Web clipper for IE

olehosk

Right click stopped working for me too after I updated to the latest version of Evernote. Tech support Suggested several things - nothing works. I did discover that there is \ "add to evernote 4" option still available under Tools in IE control bar. It's not as convenient, and doesn't always work, but better than nothing.

Need a bit more information here.

- OS version

- IE version and if you are running in 32bit or 64bit mode. (we do not yet support 64bit...)

- Win Client version 

- Make sure you have the command bar visible in IE

Other things to try is to go to the customize dialog and see if the Clipper toolbar icon is available there.  

• 2 weeks later...

Right click stopped working for me too after I updated to the latest version of Evernote. Tech support Suggested several things - nothing works. I did discover that there is \ "add to evernote 4" option still available under Tools in IE control bar. It's not as convenient, and doesn't always work, but better than nothing.

Same for me. The clipper is working, but only accessible through the "Tools" Menu or the icon on the command bar. It disappeared from the right-click context menu.

Running Windows 7 (Version 6.1, Build 7601: Service Pack 1, 64 bit) and IE Vers. 9.0.8112.16421 (32 bit). 

That's not a disaster, I am just used to the right-click.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I noticed the same thing too, until I realized that the name of the command changed.  It no longer says 'add to Evernote', it now says 'clip this page' or 'clip this URL' when I right click.  Leaving the name of the product in the command would have avoided confusion, imo.

• 2 months later...

Same problem: Win 7 64 bit, now IE10, cannot clip using right click or under tools.

Get active x error , have followed directions no luck

Also Evernote is crashing a lot now with IE10

I do not seem to have an ie10 32 bit option either

driving me nuts--ideas please!

thanks

• 1 month later...

I was merrily clipping away with IE 10 in a 64 bit Windows 7 environment until I upgraded to V5 of Evernote.  All of a sudden the music stopped.  Just received an email from Support that "Web Clipper is not currently supported on the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer. "  That's funny; it was.  Seems clear to me that Evernote 5 is the problem.  The workaround is to use another browser, which introduces yet another step into the process.  (I've already emailed a url from Safari on my iPad to Outlook on my PC.

Very unhappy about this after investing so much time in Evernote (1354 notes and counting).

• 4 weeks later...

+10

I know you guys ain't friendly with IE in general, but this is the only browser that works with the intranet I built up at work, and EN is all about productivity, interface and ergonomy,

I'm pretty sure the new 5 version is a draft that will improve, but then, the previous version was working so well.

The method that worked for me (for IE 8, which my company is forcing me to use) is:

- Make sure you "Command Bar" is being displayed (Which is a list of icons which displays on the top right of IE - google this for more info if you need to)

- In the command bar, selet "Tools," Toolbars," "Cusomize"

- If Evernote is loaded, one of the available toolbar buttons should be "Add to Evernote"  Select it and press the "Add ->" button.

- Move "Add to Evernote" up the list so it constantly displays.

Hope this helps!

^ ^

thanks but nope :(  -

I'll try not to be sarcastic but it's been long time since I had this sort of vicious circle with a program:

- first it tells me that in order to use the EN web clipper, I have to check a setting in option/security tabs and restart

- when I restarted the browser it said "can't use EN with this security settings so it has been disabled" (!)

- and I restart again and go this message; Web clipper can only be used in 32 B, not 64 B, change browser

riiiiight...

I have IE 10 on many different PCs (I too force my people to use it for intranet reasons), they're all 64B . I already cancelled the business version in our office for other reasons, but this won't give me an incentive to try and do it again.

Oh well, I now have 2 browsers opened all the time (IE and Chrome) - can't stop progress

Again, fantastic product, happy to pay for it - maybe a fix could be in the works?

Archived