(Archived) Evernote for Windows - Update

jaypema

Hello,

I am a multi-platform user of Evernote, Windows/Mac/iPhone/iPad/Android - increasingly the Windows version (4.6.3.8096) simply looks very old compared to the 'easy-on-the-eye' Mac version 5x.

Is there a roadmap to replace the Windows version, and if so, please could you give me rough timescales.

Many Thanks,

Jay

• Level 5*

There is no published roadmap for Evernote applications; this is pretty much a company policy, with very rare exceptions. Use Evernote as it is, because that's all you have. If you have comments that are more precise or concrete than "looks very old", then feel free to make suggestions for improvements. Note, by the way, that there was some dissatisfaction with the functionality of the Mac 5.x client when it was released, and it has slowly been catching up to the functionality of previous Mac clients in some respects. Meanwhile, the Windows client has, by most accounts, better functionality in most areas. I'll keep the functionality, if you don't mind; looks are overrated.

"Old" or not, I've never really cared for the blue menu/round tabbed toolbar. Of course,as you say jefito--Evernote works and works well.

Personally, I would love to see Evernote overhauled WIndows 8 style Like Office 2013 and soon Skitch. . . though I expect that'd be a rather controversial (and drastic) switch so I don't anticipate it any time soon. (Also, I don't know how well that translates to Windows XP/Vista/7, which EN is still supporting)

• Level 5*

"Old" or not, I've never really cared for the blue menu/round tabbed toolbar. Of course,as you say jefito--Evernote works and works well.

Tools / Options / General : Show Standard Windows Menu

:)

Personally, I would love to see Evernote overhauled WIndows 8 style Like Office 2013 and soon Skitch. . . though I expect that'd be a rather controversial (and drastic) switch so I don't anticipate it any time soon. (Also, I don't know how well that translates to Windows XP/Vista/7, which EN is still supporting)

There is a separate Windows "Modern" style application for Win 8 available, may still be in beta. I've installed Win 8 on a laptop and installed the Evernote app, but don't have much call to use that machine all that often.

I'm not referring to the the "Modern" style application--that is stripped down functionally and at best barely usable right now (It doesn't seem to like to sync...). I am referring to the newly designed but still fully functional Desktop applications. Flat and white, rather than grey. Check out https://office.microsoft.com

Archived