(Archived) Password reset -> triple-duplicated notes

I did the password reset on my Mac.  Worked fine.  Next time I launched evernote on my iPad, it showed all my content but then quickly popped up a dialog where I had to re-sign-on, and it seemed to be syncing the content afresh.  All of the items in one folder (my recipes) ended up with three copies of each note.  So now I get to go through almost 360 items and delete duplicates.

Why did this happen?

How can I ensure it doesn't happen again?

• Level 5*

First off I'd suggest that you check online via the browser version at evernote.com - are your notes duplicated on the server?  If they are,  then raise a support ticket (see link below) because -obviously- that's not supposed to happen,  and whatever you do locally the server will still have those duplicates unless you physically delete the extra notes.  If your notes aren't duplicated on the server, then you have a purely local problem which can be (relatively) easily fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote.  Check the forum for instruction on backing up your database,  and beware that you need to export and re-import files if you have any local notebooks.

Hope that helps..

Not heard this one, so if Gazumped useful information does not work I think support will be very interested in hearing from you as soon as possible.

Best regards

Chris

Thanks for your prompt help.  The notes in my "Recipes" notebook appear in triplicate on the server, so I will file a support ticket now.  It's quite interesting, because my other 20 notebooks don't experience this problem.  It's ONLY my Recipes notebook, and each recipe appears THREE times.  Quite an odd dupe/sync problem.

A hint:  Some time ago, I had installed the Evernote Food app on my iPad, hoping it would provide a neat interface to the hundred or so recipes I just scanned.  I guess I was mislead by its marketing spin, because it really just turned out to be some kind of Yelp / food review kind of thing, so I didn't use it.  But, I wonder if I pointed it to my Recipes folder when I set it up (I don't really remember its install process since I only had it on my iPad for about five minutes before I uninstalled it), and perhaps that might account for some the strangeness here?

• 2 weeks later...

A hint:  Some time ago, I had installed the Evernote Food app on my iPad, hoping it would provide a neat interface to the hundred or so recipes I just scanned.  I guess I was mislead by its marketing spin, because it really just turned out to be some kind of Yelp / food review kind of thing, so I didn't use it.  But, I wonder if I pointed it to my Recipes folder when I set it up (I don't really remember its install process since I only had it on my iPad for about five minutes before I uninstalled it), and perhaps that might account for some the strangeness here?

Hi Goffredo,

In the new 2.1 release you can add recipes from Evernote to Evernote Food by notebook and/or tag and they will appear in the "My Cookbook" section. Hope this helps!

Archived