(Archived) business tags

HI, please help...

I have just upgraded to the business version and paid for several users only to discover that:

When i add tags to a business notebook it appears as I type, I can continue to add new tags BUT the moment i select another notebook and then go back to my prior business notebook all the tags have moved from the business notebook to my personal note book. They seem to move to what is deemed the default notebook (the one with the little arrow (->) next to it. This is my next problem  I cannot change the default notebook. I thought this may be the problem, but the option to deselect my default notebook is not available, (the tick box is grayed out). 

What makes it odder is that on the web version the tags seem to exist where I originally created them but I cant seem to stack the tags.  

Please help, EN to my business is useless to me without the functionality that tags offer. 

Thanks. 

davearb

Hi Dave,

Now I am out of bed and my eyes have become accustomed to the day, I realise I should have asked what client you are using?

I have looked at the Windows client and can still create tags in my business section. They stay where they should do as well.

I do however have a problem with the 'web'. None of my business tags show up in the tag list only my personal ones do.

I can create a new tag in the web version and it syncs back to the client.

But I should add that I have some rather odd problems which are being looked at.

Have you tried to re-boot the software? Even re-boot the computer? It seems to me that there may be a simple problem with your application. Take a look at the 'Activity Log' if it is still doing it after a re-boot.

Best regards

Chris

hi Chris, 

I have exported everything and then deleted everything from EN on the web. I'm going to uninstalled EN on my work PC, my phone and my home PC and then start again.. 

The platform is Windows 7 EN version 4.6.3.8096 (268604) Public... 

I'll let you know how I go. 

Friday evening here, woo hoo... :-)

Regards,

davearb

Hi Dave,

Friday morning here and getting ready to head out the door for my office.

Definitely something odd there as that is the same set up as mine.

Have you raised a support ticket?

Regards

Chris

This seems very unusual. I would recommend filing a support ticket. Would you mind walking me through what you're doing one more time? Just to make sure I'm not missing anything

I had the same problem. I tried to define tags in advance in the most current windows client 4.6.3.8096, language set to German.They appeard under the "Tags from Business" section. Then I switched away to some other node in the navigation tree (and I might have manually synchronized). Went back and the tags were gone.

Workaround: define new tags at a note. Then they become persistent.

Regards,

Michael

Thanks for the responses guys, I have gone back to using the standard version for now, however I did note that adding the tags in the note worked, however you cannot stack you tags in the business edition which kind-a sux! 

I am enjoying the EN experience though, my inbox is at zero every evening now. That is amazing for me AMAZING!!! 

Thanks again for the assistance, 

davearb

I am having trouble deleting some old tags I no longer use. When I right click on the tab and click delete it gives me an error message "This tag has only been deleted from notes you have permission to edit" and will not delete. There are not notes using the tag. This did not happen with all tags.  I am using Mac. I checked with my colleagues and some, but not all, of them are having the same problem.

Archived