(Archived) Saving Notes to Hard Drive

RCCS

I am researching Evernote Business for a client.  I use Evernote regular.  Is there a way to save a note (not a PDF or image contained in a note but an entire note) to the hard drive?  I searched the knowledge base but it seems that answer only applies to PDFs or images in a note.  Not to the note itself.  I'd appreciate any insight!

Thanks.

I am researching Evernote Business for a client.  I use Evernote regular.  Is there a way to save a note (not a PDF or image contained in a note but an entire note) to the hard drive?  I searched the knowledge base but it seems that answer only applies to PDFs or images in a note.  Not to the note itself.  I'd appreciate any insight!

Thanks.

I'm unsure what you mean about saving a note to the hard drive. On the Windows client, the database resides on a hard drive. New/changed notes are regularly saved to the database residing on the hard drive. Synchronized notebooks get sync'd to the EN cloud based upon your sync settings. If this doesn't answer your question, please clarify.

Following on from BNF's comment, you can also export one or more notes in a variety of formats to a location of your choice.  Obviously the exported note becomes static and will not remain in sync with the original that resides in the EN database, but it does allow you to make a copy elsewhere.

Thanks so much.  I'm sorry I wasn't clear.  My client would want to transfer a note to their computer hierarchy.  For example, they have resource files by topic.  So, if they find an article on Communications, they'd want to copy that to their Subject Resources File on communications.

Oh, I think I see. You could share the note with them, which allows them to see it in their web browser. They can then print it to pdf (with the appropriate software), save as html or copy and paste the note contents( in the case of plain text).

An exported note in html format could be saved locally and emailed to clients, for them to open using a browser.

Do any of these seem like workable solutions?

Archived