(Archived) Links to files not working

Glen_Saberton

Idea

Hi all,

I have read through a few possible fixes but couldn't spot anything.

If I store a link in Evernote to a web page then click on the link (in Evernote) it opens the web link as expected.

But if I store a link to a PDF document clicking on the link does nothing.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?

The note book the link is stored in is synced to the server that shares notes with my iPhone.

example of a PDF link below:

file:///Users/glensaberton/PROJECTS2/docs-pdf/tutorial.pdf

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks all

Glen

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

If someone has a a suggestion, then they'll answer you -- no need to keep asking. You may want to consider opening a support request -- see the link in my signature.

• Level 5

Hi all,

I have read through a few possible fixes but couldn't spot anything.

If I store a link in Evernote to a web page then click on the link (in Evernote) it opens the web link as expected.

But if I store a link to a PDF document clicking on the link does nothing.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?

The note book the link is stored in is synced to the server that shares notes with my iPhone.

example of a PDF link below:

file:///Users/glensaberton/PROJECTS2/docs-pdf/tutorial.pdf

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks all

Glen

I reported the same problem a while back for the web client: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/26725-help-links-to-local-files-file-dont-work-under-linux. But I got no response. I will create a support request for this issue soon.

Archived