(Archived) Web Clipper Add-on Won't Install in FF

wmjosel

Up until a few days ago, the Web Clipper add-on was working fine.  Now it isn't.  I have now downloaded version 5.5.1 and it appears in the Add-On screen saying it will be installed on FF restart.  I have restarted and . . . nothing.

I also went to Options->Toolbar Layout to see if the Icon was there (that was how I had to install on a previous version).  Again . . . nothing.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!I have exactly the same problem as wmjosef. Try to install web clipper add-on, appears as always disabled in add-ons list, if you restart it just stays that way. And I can't find the iconwhen I try to customize tje toolbar.  I use Firefox 17.0.4 and Windows 7 Home Premium.

Can you help me? the web clipper is the main reason I am interested in Evernote. Thank you very much.

@wmjosel - FF 15 is not officially supported and may be the cause of the issues you are seeing. We test and optimize for FF stable & beta channels.

However all hope is not lost, please try the following:

1) It may be the toolbar button that doesn't add properly. Go to View > Toolbars > Customize (on Mac, similar steps on Win) and int he dialog find the elephant icon and drag it to toolbar.

2) Try an older version that Mozilla has available here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/evernote-web-clipper/versions/ 

I cannot say for sure which one to try.

Let me know if that helps. 

Hello to both of you,

and thanks jbignert for trying to help. I have found a solution, actually! it seems to be working at least.... what put me on the track is that I was trying to install the "sage" addon on Mozilla too, and I got the same problem over and over again (not installing, each time you restart you get the message to install it again etc...).

Well I read in Firefox help that a lot of problems are resolved by re-initializing or resetting the browser, it keeps your preferences and history but it cancels many cookies and stuff that you have installed. Well once i did that, it allworked fine: both evernote clipper and sage!

So I wanted to share with you. I cannot exactly remember now where the reset instruction is in Firefox, but if you go to Mozilla Firefox help and you type it, you should find it easily.

Bye and good day to all :)

Archived