(Archived) Will Evernote be around for the longterm?

I just started using Evernote a few weeks ago. I really like it and have already upgraded to Premium. I can see Evernote becoming a very big part of my work and personal life. As I move more and more of my information into Evernote and As weeks and months and years go on, I can see my Evernote data base becoming Very Large. 

What happens to all my information, IF Evernote Ceases to Exist?

What are the chances of this happening? 

Yes, Evernote is much better than the system I have created and used over the years, but at least my old system will always be there, as I back it up often.

I really hope someone can ease my fears, because I really like Evernote and I want to move all my information, now and in the future, over to it.

Have a Nice Day,

Harry

• Level 5

Hi and welcome to the forums !

Your fears are unfounded. EN has stated repeatedly that it aims for a "Hundred years company" (at least) and that should be long enough for most of us :)

But for the truly paranoid ones: You can always EXPORT all your notes at any time and store them safely on a separate disk, stick etc.

So even in the extremely unlikely case EN folds, you'd still have all your notes available.

Wern

• Level 5*

I just started using Evernote a few weeks ago. I really like it and have already upgraded to Premium. I can see Evernote becoming a very big part of my work and personal life. As I move more and more of my information into Evernote and As weeks and months and years go on, I can see my Evernote data base becoming Very Large. 

What happens to all my information, IF Evernote Ceases to Exist?

What are the chances of this happening? 

Yes, Evernote is much better than the system I have created and used over the years, but at least my old system will always be there, as I back it up often.

I really hope someone can ease my fears, because I really like Evernote and I want to move all my information, now and in the future, over to it.

Have a Nice Day,

Harry

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I'll elaborate on what Wern said. Evernote has made it quite clear that they want you to be able to leave anytime you want (http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2011/03/24/evernotes-three-laws-of-data-protection/). Of course, they'd like you to stay! However, they would rather keep you here voluntarily by offering the best service. 

How do you get out of Evernote? You can export your entire Evernote database right at this moment, and about a minute or so later have everything in HTML (web page format) + folders holding all of your attachments (Word documents, PDFs, etc.). That's it. You are done. 

Now, if you want to migrate into another notetaking program, you can do that with the click of a button. It's that easy. Of course, you will lose your notebooks, tags, saved searches, and all sorts of other great features unique to Evernote. However, if you design your organizational system well (I have some recommendations here http://www.princeton.edu/~cmayo/evernote-organization.html) that won't be an issue. 

Archived