(Archived) Major Headache, Please Help!

Ok so here's the deal...

I opened up Evernote on my iPhone on Saturday as I usually would, a bunch of slides came up before it go to the log-in screen. I tried logging in, but couldn't. Keep in mind I had no idea about the password reset, and I'll tell you why in a bit. Since I couldn't log in, I figured I'd just use the whole "forgot my password" feature or whatever it's called. This is where it gets interesting... when I entered my username expecting an email to arrive in my inbox, I didn't get one. Confused, I checked all my other emails and saw that the reset email wasn't there either. I searched all my inboxes and found out that somehow the email that my account has been registered to all this time doesn't belong to me.

The username for the account I'm talking about is xxxxxx90, the email it was supposed to be registered to is xxxxxx90@gmail.com. For some odd reason it's actually registered to xxxxx@gmail.com (which is the same name but just without the "90" at the end of it). Now, I don't own that email, I had no idea who does, but all my reset emails keep going there. How Evernote figured that was email and not the one with 90 on the end of it, I don't know. I had a lot of really important info on there, I REALLY need my account back. I wrote an email to the support but as you can tell, the story is a bit confusing and they haven't replied either way. How the company doesn't have a phone number I can call and speak to a representative is beyond me.

What can I do? How can I fix the issue?

P.S. I wrote an email to the person that owns the email address all the resets keep getting sent to, no reply.

Please help!!

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums.  We live,  as someone or other said,  in interesting times - you seem to have been mixed up in a more interesting bit than usual. 

First suggestion is: go to the Web version of Evernote in your browser and try signing on with your original user name and password.  That should get around the email address problem,  and you should be prompted to change your password then by being given two boxes to fill in the new one.  If that works,  have a look at your "My Account" page and check the address problem.  You'll then have to re-log in any other copies of Evernote you use with the new password. 

If all of that fails,  try the Support link below and raise a support request.

Hi - welcome to the forums.  We live,  as someone or other said,  in interesting times - you seem to have been mixed up in a more interesting bit than usual. 

First suggestion is: go to the Web version of Evernote in your browser and try signing on with your original user name and password.  That should get around the email address problem,  and you should be prompted to change your password then by being given two boxes to fill in the new one.  If that works,  have a look at your "My Account" page and check the address problem.  You'll then have to re-log in any other copies of Evernote you use with the new password. 

If all of that fails,  try the Support link below and raise a support request.

Thank you for your response Gazumped. I have tried it through the web, but it won't let me log in there either. What's even more strange is that my Firefox has the password and username saved, so I don't even have to type it in. But when I click enter, it says "invalid password/username." I have sent them an email, no response.

• Level 5*

I'm guessing Firefox is automating the login attempt and generating the error - try using another browser?  If you type your user name manually,  you should get the password change box.

I'm guessing Firefox is automating the login attempt and generating the error - try using another browser?  If you type your user name manually,  you should get the password change box.

I have tried other browthers. I've also manually re-entered my username as well as password and I keep getting the "invalid password" banner. The only thing to do is to go through "forgot your password" and enter a username, the verification then however gets sent to an email that I don't have any access to because of some weird mix up. Very frustrating!

Archived