Jump to content

Excruciatingly Slow Uploads?


Recommended Posts

  • Level 5*

Is anyone noticing some very slow syncs? I put about 100 notes in my business notebook this morning and it is probably on the order of 200MB of data. Not nothing, but it isn't like it is my MP3 collection.


It is just going really slowly and EN will show up as "not responding" during this quite a few times, for minutes at a time.


Win7 64bit, 8GB RAM, 20+GB free on the hard drive. version of EN. This is a business account.



Link to comment

I'm unaware of anything particular at the moment. If anyone else has something similar, please post. I'll let you know if I find anything on our side

Link to comment
  • Level 5*

Definitely something going on. After all of the notes uploaded, I tagged them. One batch of 114 tagged notes has been syncing for 30+min and the website only recognizes 33 have been tagged. It says it is about 36% done syncing.


Normally, syncing tags only (the note contents were not changed) is a very fast process. THis is with, and it is in a business folder.

Link to comment
  • Level 5*

Cannot really tell. Here is the most recent section of the log. Let me know if you want me to upload the full log somewhere.


That looks to me like 2 notes fully sync'd, and it took a minute and 8 seconds. Maybe it is reuploading the entire thing, but the notes were sync'd already. I just selected a bunch and tagged them.




14:48:38 [11032] Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe" "evernote://view/58824/s1/fd7b992b-0440-4b99-aa7f-cf23cd9de6ea/fd7b992b-0440-4b99-aa7f-cf23cd9de6ea/"
14:48:38 [11032] Opening note link: "evernote://view/58824/s1/fd7b992b-0440-4b99-aa7f-cf23cd9de6ea/fd7b992b-0440-4b99-aa7f-cf23cd9de6ea/"
14:48:41 [11172] 78% * updateCount: 56613 --> 56614
14:48:41 [11172] 78% * updateCount: 56614 --> 56615
14:48:41 [11172] 79% Updating server note "20121130 - Silvon Data.xlsx", resource count: 1
14:48:41 [11172] 79% * guid={7098bcbb-35f2-472c-9272-82f1071b8d56}
14:49:07 [11172] 79% * Retrieving resource search text for "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet"
14:49:07 [11172] 79% * rsrc={53521156-0d52-464f-a796-842400ce1cda}, note={7098bcbb-35f2-472c-9272-82f1071b8d56}
14:49:35 [11172] 79% * resource search text 0 bytes
14:49:35 [11172] 79% * updateCount: 56615 --> 56616
14:49:35 [11172] 79% * updateCount: 56616 --> 56617
14:49:35 [11172] 81% Updating server note "20121203 - Daily Pull.xlsx", resource count: 1
14:49:35 [11172] 81% * guid={40736205-1531-42f2-8004-95b7f3171949}
14:49:38 [11172] 81% * Retrieving resource search text for "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet"
14:49:38 [11172] 81% * rsrc={0739441b-7ab4-465d-b867-9194441f8233}, note={40736205-1531-42f2-8004-95b7f3171949}
14:49:40 [11172] 81% * resource search text 4469288 bytes
14:49:49 [11172] 81% * updateCount: 56617 --> 56618
14:49:49 [11172] 81% * updateCount: 56618 --> 56619
14:49:49 [11172] 82% Updating server note "20121203 - Silvon Data (2012 Actual r...", resource count: 1
14:49:49 [11172] 82% * guid={607f659b-5490-463e-b75b-38759a3d6316}
14:50:12 [11172] 82% * Retrieving resource search text for "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet"
14:50:12 [11172] 82% * rsrc={2e7bd694-1048-4731-a097-182f2c877f3a}, note={607f659b-5490-463e-b75b-38759a3d6316}
Link to comment
  • Level 5*

THis is odd at the top of the current log I just pasted:



OS: Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
User: ********
Memory: 128MB
Created: 2013/03/04 14:50:18
128MB? Why would EN think it only has 128MB to use? I have 8GB and only 5.7GB is in use.
Link to comment
  • Level 5*

You should bring up Process Explorer and check that out. Or Task Manager, which is part of Windows.

That is how I knew how much RAM i had available.

Link to comment
  • Level 5*

You should be able to figure out who's chewing it up then. You didn't say that it was Evernote, after all.

Chewing up what? 


There is over 2GB of actual RAM free plus whatever is in the swap file. Maybe I am not understanding what you are suggesting.

Link to comment
  • Level 5*

OK, got it. Thought that was a measurement from an outside tool. Attack of the "stupids", I guess. Sorry about that. Anyways, I looked in my activity log, and it says:



Evernote for Windows (268604) Public
OS: Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
User: *
Memory: 36.3MB
Created: 2013/03/05 09:02:25
I doubt very much that it's memory that Evernote thinks is available; it's far more likely the memory that Evernote thinks it's used at the time that you take the snapshot of the memory log (this information doesn't appear if you look at the actual logs in the Evernote data folder, but it's added when you copy the activity log to the clipboard from the Activity Log dialog; it changed -- grew, actually -- when I did a later clip of this information). We don't know what the measurement is measuring, since "Memory" is so generic. Interesting, but meaningless to the diagnosis, I'd guess.
Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have been using evernote for 2-3 years now and have noticed precisely the same thing occuring in every version. For some reason when one re-tags a large number of notes (and does nothing else in terms of changing content or uploading notes) the synchronisation is abysmal. We have a high speed synchronous internet connection and powerful pcs (i7 with 16-32gb RAM). 

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...