(Archived) ALL MY NOTES ARE GONE AFTER PASSWORD RESET! :O

After the whole Evernote hacking thing, it was told that i had to reset my password. But as soon as i did, all my notes have vanished! All my school projects are in these notes!! does anyone know how to retrieve it back? I need it urgently because my exams are coming up :(

• Level 5*

Were your notes synced to the Evernote servers? You can find out by logging into the Evernote web client.

Regardless, you'll probably need to open a support request; see the link in my signature. They'll want to investigate any data loss, particularly related to the password reset situation.

From another thread......I did this and it fixed my problem, however I needed to login on the device where I made all my notes, my ipad and then I found the notes under my user name.  After that I performed a sync and all notes were on the web, iphone and ipad.

There are two main causes for not seeing your notes.

Many users have inadvertently created multiple accounts. One is
attached to their common email address, and another has their common
username. Please try the following steps to see if this may be your
issue:

1. Login to your account at Evernote Web (https://www.evernote.com/Login.action) with your username and password.
  2. Check to see if your notes are there. If they are not, please continue to step 3.
    • Once inside your account, we strongly urge you to review the email address we have on file for you at: https://www.evernote...Settings.action

This will ensure that your account email address is current and correct.
  3. Logout of this account.
  4. Login to your account at Evernote Web (https://www.evernote.com/Login.action) with your email address and password. (If different from what you have seen at the PersonalSettings page.)
  5. Check to see if your notes are there.

Additionally, if you have received more than one email notice from team@email.evernote.com
notifying you of the Security update, check to see what email addresses
they were sent to. Try logging into Evernote with these email
addresses, as these are all accounts we have on file for you.

You can repeat steps 4 and 5 with any email address that you may
have, or ever may have used (even if you no longer have access to it,
like a previous work email.) If you know the current password to your account, you should be able to login successfully.

The second most common issue is that on certain devices, once you
have successfully logged in with your new account information, Evernote
must resync your data from our server. This is a security precaution to
ensure that your data will only be accessible by you.

In performing the first step (logging into your account on
Evernote Web), you can ensure that your notes are on our server, and
wait as they download to your machine. Depending on the size of your
device, this can take some time.

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

Hello, manhattanoc.

I have performed all of these steps and nothing worked. I am still missing all of my notes! Please help.

@manhattanoc is a user like the rest of us,  so may not be around to respond to your request - I don't see your name in this thread so far;  can you give us a full background to your data loss?  What client are you using,  when did you last have access to your notes,  what happened when they disappeared?

Gazumped, Im assuming your asking me.

"@manhattanoc is a user like the rest of us, so may not be around to respond to your request - I don't see your name in this thread so far; can you give us a full background to your data loss? What client are you using, when did you last have access to your notes, what happened when they disappeared?"

What background are you asking about? I've sent a request to the support team with all that info and got no response yet. I've reset a password on my iPad after coming back from a work trip and lost a week of recordings and notes. The new recordings from a couple of days were there, from the same location (in the world), but from a week of meetings located in another place in the world are missing. Not sure if that's the info you are asking about.

• Level 5*

Gazumped, Im assuming your asking me.

"@manhattanoc is a user like the rest of us, so may not be around to respond to your request - I don't see your name in this thread so far; can you give us a full background to your data loss? What client are you using, when did you last have access to your notes, what happened when they disappeared?"

What background are you asking about? I've sent a request to the support team with all that info and got no response yet. I've reset a password on my iPad after coming back from a work trip and lost a week of recordings and notes. The new recordings from a couple of days were there, from the same location (in the world), but from a week of meetings located in another place in the world are missing. Not sure if that's the info you are asking about.

If the support team have this you should be in good hands - I was wondering about the context in case the forum could offer you any constructive comment.  Do you have your support ticket number?  If you post that here the Employees that drop by might be able to kickstart the priority a bit..

Archived