(Archived) How to Change Locations Services Settings on a Mac

omnymi

Idea

I accidentally gave evernote access to my location and had the "don't ask me again" box clicked. How can I go back and change that? Or how do set evernote to not automatically tag a location to my notes?

Omnymi

11 replies to this idea

Hopefully this solves my one problem with every note on my mac being tagged with the location of my computer, but this is crazy that this even happens.  Evernote has soo many mapping issues that need resolution:

1.  Why would I want my atlas map to be cluttered with pins for every note?  Why isn't there a preference setting to control this?  

2.  Why isn't it easier to tag notes with proper location pins?

3.  Why is the process for tagging location different across all 3 of my evernote devices?

4. Why can't I search by address, gps coords, & manually browse map to select pin location on all devices?

5.  Why can't I sort what pins show on an interactive map by notebook or tags?  

This mapping feature has huge potential value to me, but it is currently so limited and non-user-friendly that it makes me inclined to not use Evernote at all.

I have the same problem as cayennew. Mac 10.6.8, I clicked the "do not ask me again" button. Now when I click the "i" the location setting is completely grayed out. I can't edit it in new notes or old notes that already have a location. 

I already tried this;

http://blog.nikolaidis.com/2011/11/05/fixing-evernote-internal-database-error-on-mac-os-x-10-7/

No luck. Being able to edit note location within the desktop client would make the Atlas a lot more useful.

Hey there milli, give this a try to reset your Location settings in OSX 10.6:

1. From the Apple menu, choose 'System Preferences'.
  2. Choose 'Security', from the Personal section.
  3. Click the 'General' tab.
  4. If the icon in the lower-left corner is locked, click it to authenticate with your admin password (to unlock the Security pane).
  5. Click the 'Reset Warnings' button.
  6. Click 'OK' to confirm.
  7. Restart your computer.
  8. Shortly after restarting you will receive a message such as this:
    gadgettrak-allow-location-2_normal.png
  9. If you want to prevent Evernote from using your location, check the "Don't ask me again" box and press Don't Allow. If you want Evernote to use your you location, Press OK.

Source

Let me know if that helps or not.

Branden

I am wondering why Atlas only keeps track of notes I make while I'm on a wi-fi service, either from my iPad or Blackberry. It never records the location of any note I make on my home computer, or this one, which is a Mac running OS X 10.8.4. It just seems really strange to me.

Archived