(Archived) UI Customisation

Hello,

Can you please tell me if its possible to change the 'List View' so that the notes are listed on the side of the preview plane?

At the moment I am forced to have notes on top of the preview plane which isn't space efficient?

Also is it possible to have notes with-in notes, so I could build a hierarchy of information?

Many thanks,

F

Hi Firenaut, welcome to the forum :)

Can you please tell me if its possible to change the 'List View' so that the notes are listed on the side of the preview plane?

At the moment I am forced to have notes on top of the preview plane which isn't space efficient?

This depends on which client you are using, you can only do this on the Windows client.

CTRL + SHIFT + F5

Or

Shift Click on List in the view selector.

Scott

• Level 5*

Also is it possible to have notes with-in notes, so I could build a hierarchy of information?

No, you cannot have notes within notes in Evernote. What you can do is:

* create links to other notes (note links), and embed them in Evernote notes

* create shallow hierarchies using notebooks and stacks

* create hierarchies of tags that can do something similar to full hierarchies.

spg SCOTT,

I am using Evernote Version 5.0.6 on the mac. Is there no way of changing the layout on the 'List View' so that notes are listed on the side of the preview plane?

Okay, what about changing the 'Snippet View' so that the list only shows the title of each note and not the snippet of the note?

Essentially I am finding the Evernote UI too over complicated - why not a simpler look?

F

Unfortunately, no. It is only possible to have the vertical list view on the Windows client.

I'm not sure you can change the snippet stuff either. (on any client)

Archived