(Archived) PC Client->Note Preview Window=Any way to make it read only?

Hey guys.  I will often use the note preview area to copy text out of and paste it elsewhere.  However since the preview window allows for editing directly, the possibility of a errant keystroke to delete/edit/ruin the text is very real.

Is there a way to set the note and/or preview window (preferred) to read only?  

Or, if not, how does one revert back to before the keystroke ruined everything?  Is there a better way than the windows "undo"?

Thanks for your time!

-J

• Level 5*

Usually Undo is the way to undo things in Windows. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to always work in Evernote.

There's no way to lock your notes as read-only in the Evernote UI. Technically speaking, it can be done, as notes generated by Evernote Food and Evernote Hello (for example) cannot be edited in the Evernote UI.

Thanks for the reply Jeff.  Is there somewhere I can submit a feature request for this?  Something like an Options->Reading preview->Read only checkbox?  This would increase the usefulness of Evernote for me 10x.

• Level 5*

All posts are read by Evernote staff, and this is not an uncommon request, you you can be sure it's already on the list of feature requests.

Archived