(Archived) Pick list for moving notes

windpower

I often use alt-n and alt-v to quickly move a note to another notebook.

When I do so -- or when I simply use Note | Move -- I eventually have a pick list of the five latest notebooks I moved notes to. 

However, I frequently move notes to seven or eight different notebooks, and it would be handy to have, say, 10 notebooks in the pick list.

Related: that list is cleared each time Evernote is closed, but I would like it to be available all the time.

Is there a way to make these features happen -- with a registry hack, perhaps?

Hi windpower,

Am I missing something here? Why do you have multiple copies of the same notes?

I understand that notes can belong to various areas, so for example my BMW insurance belongs with vehicles and insurance. So I have two Tags, one called Vehicles and one called Insurance.

I am guessing there must be a valid reason why you are not using tags for this?

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5*

I think that the OP is looking to have the notebook list that you see on "Copy Note >" and "Move Note >" persist over application restarts, and also contain more than 5 notebooks. Not sure of the logic of the current implementation, or how/if the notebook list that you see is persisted -- it doesn't appear to be in the registry, though I haven't looked all that hard). Maybe spg SCOTT might have a notion...

Hi Jeff,

Strange that! When I read the OP's statement now, it comes over completely different from when it did through sleep filled eyes this morning!

Best regards

Chris

Hi windpower,

Am I missing something here? Why do you have multiple copies of the same notes?

Hi Chris,

No, it's not about multiple notes.  It's about moving a note from one notebook to another (e.g. from my inbox to an archive -- or to one of dozens of To Do lists).  

I think that the OP is looking to have the notebook list that you see on "Copy Note >" and "Move Note >" persist over application restarts, and also contain more than 5 notebooks. Not sure of the logic of the current implementation, or how/if the notebook list that you see is persisted -- it doesn't appear to be in the registry, though I haven't looked all that hard). Maybe spg SCOTT might have a notion...

Yes, that's it.  

I'm using the latest and greatest version.  In the previous one, the pick list grew to more than 5 notebooks.  I don't know whether there was a limit, but whatever was there worked for me.  

The current limit of 5 notebooks is less than what I need -- and forces me through the extra step of finding notebooks.  And yes, I would like that list to be persistent because I move notes to any of those notebooks all the time.

Archived