(Archived) Should Evernote Anticipate Our Emotions?

• Level 5*

Should Evernote Anticipate Our Emotions?

I recently read this quote:

A computer should at least anticipate what you want, when you're happy or unhappy with something or you're frustrated. It should have a level of intuition around how you're feeling when you're using something.

Really?  This is what we want from computers?  Why?

What do you guys think?  Is this something you want from Evernote?

• Level 5*

I'm not too sure I'm with Uncle Phil on that one. I prefer my electronic assistants to be impartial, unemotional and able to deliver a certain minimum level of efficient service regardless of whether I'm getting enough sleep. I don't need my laptop to start asking me whether I feel OK about the writing I just did. Unless it wants a substantial reprogramming with a hammer.

I would be OK with my laptop knowing enough about my wishes and aspirations to flag up the latest Die Hard at my local cinema, or a SciFi convention in town, even if I hadn't seen them. I'm not going to take it along with me though..

• Level 5*

Should Evernote Anticipate Our Emotions?

I recently read this quote:

A computer should at least anticipate what you want, when you're happy or unhappy with something or you're frustrated. It should have a level of intuition around how you're feeling when you're using something.

Really?  This is what we want from computers?  Why?

What do you guys think?  Is this something you want from Evernote?

I'd like the app to recognize when I am frustrated with a feature, and then email the designers telling them to get to work on vertical list view for the Mac :) It's a nice ambition, but to be honest, I don't even know how I'm feeling all the time, so it hardly seems reasonable to expect Evernote to figure it out!

Archived