I could not sync my Droid to my computer so I reinstalled evernote on my droid. My droid then showed only 2 files which were long ago. I could not sync with my computer. So I then loged off my Evernote account on my computer and restarted evernote and logged back in of course it then synced with my droid and I lost all my data on my computer. How on earth do I get my data back. Please tell me I can.

Thanks

I could not sync my Droid to my computer so I reinstalled evernote on my droid. My droid then showed only 2 files which were long ago. I could not sync with my computer. So I then loged off my Evernote account on my computer and restarted evernote and logged back in of course it then synced with my droid and I lost all my data on my computer. How on earth do I get my data back. Please tell me I can.

Thanks

Evernote does not sync between devices, just as most (all?) cloud based apps behave.  They sync via the cloud.  If you do not fully understand cloud based syncing, you're most likely going to lose data somewhere along the line.  It sounds like you were not regularly syncing your computer/droid & so the only data in your account is what was in the cloud.   More info here:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/20092-not-very-happy-right-now/?p=101095

• 5 months later...
Your deleted data might be on the Android phone internal memory or sd card. It is mostly straight forward to restore data if you had data on the sd card. This would be same as restoring from laptop hard drive. One of the things you need to do remember when you try to restore data from Android phone is you should not create or copy new data on to Android device, this might overwrite your lost data. Also, you need to recover data to separate drive or location if possible.

• 5 months later...

You can use Remo Recover that is the best application to restore deleted files from computer. It is very efficient to retrieve different type of files deleted or lost very easily. This tool helped me a lot in different circumstances of data loss to recover documents, media files or other data as a whole.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey @wusunspurs,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. In order to try and see if we can locate the note, please check the following:

• Trash notebook
  • Conflicting notes
  • Evernote Website

If the note doesn't appear in any of those places, please reach out to our support team by creating a ticket (URL found in my signature).

• 5 months later...

So someone spoke about the understanding to cloud data storing, so how does storing data in the cloud occur? 

What could the person have done wrong if the data wasn't stored in the cloud?

How does the syc on Evernote's occur, what trigger a syc?

Does any type of Evernote account aloud syc to the cloud, do you need a certain type of account?

How do you get your Evernote's note from one phone to a new phone?

• 3 months later...

If you want to sync notes to another device, sign back to Evernote Web to verify whether the notes are saved to the Evernote servers. You might know that how does the Evernote sync work, which is constantly syncing all of your notes to their service and then you can upload them from one device to the next. Besides, it is possible to restore lost data from Android phone. Except for those data recovery tool above, try to recover from your backup file.

• Level 5*
On 2017-05-09 at 11:35 AM, Sloan Business said:

So someone spoke about the understanding to cloud data storing, so how does storing data in the cloud occur? 

I noticed no one responded, so I'm following up now

>>What could the person have done wrong if the data wasn't stored in the cloud?

Generally syncing is an automatic process.  Internet access is required

>>How does the syc on Evernote's occur, what trigger a syc?

Sync is triggered by logging in and updating a note
On some platforms, you can set your preferences for Manual Sync, which requires the user to trigger the process

>>Does any type of Evernote account aloud syc to the cloud, do you need a certain type of account?

Data syncing is performed for all accounts.  There are upload limits for each account level

>>How do you get your Evernote's note from one phone to a new phone?

The syncing process is     device <> servers <> device
Actually, little data is maintained on mobile devices; the note data is retrieved from the servers via the internet 
(there is an Offline Notebooks option for paid accounts)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. This is a thread that hasn't had a legitimate post in almost 3 years, so the problems it addresses may not be relevant anymore. Nevertheless, if you can provide more details, your fellow users here may be able to help.

The way Evernote works is that notes created on a phone, a computer, or a tablet, in a browser or a dedicated Evernote app, are all synced to Evernote's servers, where the master copies are stored. This means that they can then be viewed and edited on any other device with an Evernote app or a Web browser. Generally, the syncing process happens automatically. When you create or edit a note on your phone and tap the ✔️ mark at the top left, the note should get synced to Evernote's servers. When you access the note later, from that phone or another device, it will be downloaded as it was most recently edited and synced.

I hope that is clear. Please say more if you are having a problem.

• Like 1