Finding all notes with public links?

floid

• Level 5*

Hi. Type sharedate:* into the search field to find all of your shared notes, and depending on your client, you can stop sharing pretty easily. On the Mac, just click the arrow (the same one you use to share) and click "stop sharing."

thanks for the quick reply.  I have several that I want to unshare...doesn't look like I can unshare more than one at a time.  I just tagged all the notes I want to unshare and thought I could whip up a little applescript...but it does not appear that evernote has exposed the shared method/property.  Ugh...one at a time I guess.

• 6 months later...
  • Level 5*

Mmm. I want to unshare 124 notes and I don't feel like doing it one by one.

Would love to have a tip of bulk unshare. Thanks if you know

I have not tested this, but I guess you could move them all to a local notebook and then back to a regular synced one. That might stop them from being shared. Or, you could export them as .enex, delete them all, and then import them.

AFAIK, the only way to do this is by changing the GUID. The two options GM mentioned should do it. As far as the first option, you may need to sync after moving the notes to the local notebook. I'm not sure. Moving the notes from a local notebook back to a synced notebook with no sync in between may cause EN to think the note really hasn't been changed & therefore no new GUID assigned.

The second option will destroy any note history...if you care about that.

• 1 year later...

AFAIK, the only way to do this is by changing the GUID. The two options GM mentioned should do it. As far as the first option, you may need to sync after moving the notes to the local notebook. I'm not sure. Moving the notes from a local notebook back to a synced notebook with no sync in between may cause EN to think the note really hasn't been changed & therefore no new GUID assigned.

The second option will destroy any note history...if you care about that.

...both these options will also break links to this note I believe. Dangerous for a bulk action on a lot of notes if you use note links a lot.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but (at least in Evernote for Windows, which I'm using) with the search "sharedate:*" I see also notes that I've since stopped sharing (but were once shared). Is there a way to see only notes that are *actively* shared (or have their share link on) at present? Am I missing something?

On 11/10/2017 at 3:41 AM, gozzilla78 said:

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but (at least in Evernote for Windows, which I'm using) with the search "sharedate:*" I see also notes that I've since stopped sharing (but were once shared). Is there a way to see only notes that are *actively* shared (or have their share link on) at present? Am I missing something?

I have same problem here.

Also, notes never shared are listed.

A ticket was opened on 25set17, several questions and comments made by support, but no real solution yet (feedback has been terrible slow)

This is the first time I´m participating at the forum, then, not sure if my next statement is properly presented but I think it is very relevant.

There are lots of discussions about sharing, unsharing and sharedate, but I could not find any real solution for an effective "Sharing Management".

I mean, one way to really get full control over sharing notes.

My suggestion is that Evernote Team really dives in this issue and present an effective way to strongly manage sharing information.

Any comments will be welcome!

Archived