(Archived) Evernote taken over my Personal Email

Hi All:

I have only used evernote for a short period of time on my iphone and ipad and subsequently added the pc support. Up until a couple days ago not problems.

Today I noticed that a lot of my personal email that normally comes into my pc email account through my provider was missing.  They were on my iphone and ipad but the recipient (where my name should be)

was "Evernote Upload myname".  These emails did not make it through to my normal personal email. 

Can anyone advise as to why this is happening and can I change it back to the old way?

Thanks

Bill

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums and congratulations on a new and completely weird issue.  Unless there's something specific to iOS about "Evernote Upload myname" I have no idea where that might have come from.  Have you been testing any mail-related services or to-do apps lately?

No nothing new.  I first noticed it when I replied to an item for sale on Kijiji.  The seller responded to me and as it happened I was away from home and caught the email on my iphone.  I thought I would send a note back to him when I got home.

When I did get home I noticed ....no email on my pc.  I then noticed a couple of my bills which I normally receive on the pc email where on the iphone and ipad but not on the pc and they had that listing for recipient..."Evernote Upload mysurname".

Very unusual and I need to get this fixed.

Thanks

Bill

Hi All:

I have only used evernote for a short period of time on my iphone and ipad and subsequently added the pc support. Up until a couple days ago not problems.

Today I noticed that a lot of my personal email that normally comes into my pc email account through my provider was missing.  They were on my iphone and ipad but the recipient (where my name should be)

was "Evernote Upload myname".  These emails did not make it through to my normal personal email. 

Can anyone advise as to why this is happening and can I change it back to the old way?

Thanks

Bill

There is something else in your setup that is doing this. Evernote does not hijack your emails.

No nothing new. I first noticed it when I replied to an item for sale on Kijiji. The seller responded to me and as it happened I was away from home and caught the email on my iphone. I thought I would send a note back to him when I got home.

When I did get home I noticed ....no email on my pc. I then noticed a couple of my bills which I normally receive on the pc email where on the iphone and ipad but not on the pc and they had that listing for recipient..."Evernote Upload mysurname".

Very unusual and I need to get this fixed.

Thanks

Bill

It sounds like you may have either your iPad or iPhone set up to delete messages from the server.

Archived