(Archived) How to save note here delete it there?

Perhaps someone can steer me to the answer...I had no luck searching.

I made a note on my android with photos, sync'd and now it's on my laptop. This is good.

But the note is large and I want to delete it from android phone without losing it on my laptop.

I tried this with a test note. After sync it was on my laptop. Then I deleted it from phone, and now after sync it is also gone from laptop.

What can I do to protect it from deletion on laptop?

Thanks, Dick

• Level 5*

Perhaps someone can steer me to the answer...I had no luck searching.

I made a note on my android with photos, sync'd and now it's on my laptop. This is good.

But the note is large and I want to delete it from android phone without losing it on my laptop.

I tried this with a test note. After sync it was on my laptop. Then I deleted it from phone, and now after sync it is also gone from laptop.

What can I do to protect it from deletion on laptop?

Thanks, Dick

Hi. You are in luck. Your Android device does not have the content of the note permanently saved. When your cache is cleared (you can do this yourself if you would like in your Android settings), then the content will be erased from the device, though not from the Web or other devices. Android only keeps your header data (titles and the like). If you delete your note, then it will delete it everywhere, so you don't want to do that!

• Level 5*

Hi and welcome to the forums.  Your notes are updated if you edit them on the Android in the same way that they are if you edit them on your laptop.  So add a note,  and you'll see it at both ends.  Delete a note,  and as soon as the sync happens the other machine 'knows' the note is no longer required.

However.

Notes on your laptop are saved to the hard drive as well as to the web server.  Notes on the Android - because your 'droid just doesn't have a hard drive - are stored temporarily until 1) they are synced with the server and 2) the space in the phone memory is needed for other things.

You can arrange for  a notebook to be  downloaded to the Android if you wish to do so for 'offline searching';  but unless you've taken that step there's no particular need to delete notes from storage - they're in a temporary area only and will be deleted or overwritten in due course.

The one consideration about big notes - they'll take a long time to download to the phone and won't even be available if you're away from a network connection.  You might want to consider finding out how to make your note smaller..

Thank you both. I guess I can just quit worrying about the note on my Android. When more space is needed it will go away or be overwritten.

Mr. Grumpy, I would like to know how to clear the cache on my phone. I looked at Settings > Applications > Manage Applications >Evernote and I notice that Cache = 0.00B and Data = 128KB. Is this where I would clear the Cache and does this mean it already has been cleared? What about the Data?

BTW, Evernote is "Installed on SD card".

Thanks, Dick

Archived