(Archived) Viewing pdf's in Windows

ptbro

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums. I use PDFs in Evernote but don't get this behaviour.. Do you create these PDFs or are they random grabs from email, web etc.? Are you seeing these large pages within the note, or in the expanded PDF if you click on the embedded page?

Ok, you've already helped me. I get these both from email and scans of reports that I need to store. My issue has been in the note; the document fills the note from left to right regardless of how big I make the note window, so the most I can view of any pdf is about half a page.

Based upon your initial response, I clicked on the document and opened it in native Adobe where I can scale it to what I need. I didn't know how to do that, so that gives me an avenue for dealing with these docs. Thank you for that help. I would prefer scaling it in the note, but this is certainly workable.

I appreciate the help.

• Level 5*

No problem - I agree that PDFs fill the note from side to side, so that you only get the top 10% of the page. That's been a 'feature' as long as I've used Evernote. I find I navigate to the correct PDF by the thumbnail in Snippet (or Thumbnail) view and then automatically doubleclick the file in the note to open in it in a separate window for more in depth activity. I set my Adobe to show a full page (it's a big screen) and go from there. If you click the Adobe icon in the note window header, the PDF automatically opens in full page in Evernote's built-in reader.

There isn't an option to do something similar within the note window (yet) but it would be nice if some extra flourishes were added next time the reader was updated. #devhint

Archived