Moving whole personal folders and folder stacks to new business notebook

DEW

Right up now!

Dew,

Whilst it is a little bit of effort, the process of 'creating' Notebooks in the Business section and then transferring the notes is not too onerous.

If you are in a business with lots of people who are sharing your current 'Personal' Notes, I strongly suggest you carry out this task out of business hours.

I would follow this procedure to ensure it goes smoothly:

Make sure you are already synced

Create 'duplicate' Notebooks in the Business section

Sync

Make sure the notebooks are available on the web - meaning the sync worked fine

Move Notes, one Notebook at a time

Sync

Make sure the notebooks are available on the web - meaning the sync worked fine

Carry on until complete

Remember that as you move the Notes they will take up your new storage limits from the Business section.

If you have a lot of notes - as I did - it will take some time. Hence being better to carry this task out, after working hours.

Any stacks you have will need to be re-created. I personally think this is better done once all of your notes are in the Business section.

Whilst it may sound a bit long winded, I assure you it is the most secure way of making sure everything runs smoothly. Once I sorted some problems, I did this with many thousands of notes securely and easily.

Best regards

Chris

• 1 year later...

hello all - EN Business newbie here so forgive me if this is daft 1st question... 

C6REW thanks for advised process but when you say create duplicate business notebooks - am I right in thinking EN won't allow me to literally use the same name as the personal notebook I'm duplicating? Thanks in advance, Danny

Hi All, I would like to know if you can move whole personal notebooks and notebook stacks to evernote business or you have to recreate each folder and move the notes? Thanks

Sorry if I am missing something... If you have a Personal Notebook.  Do you not just right click and "Convert to Business Notebook"?

In relation to Personal Stacks converting to Business Stacks is a bit of an issue, I asked EN Support before - here is there reply:

This is a great question – and a good observation you've made. While you can stack Business Notebooks in your account, the top folder color will always be brown and note grey. This is because stacks / the act of stacking is a personal-viewing option only.

In other words, if you have other people that are joined to your Business account, and they have access to the same Notebooks that you do, all users can independently stack the Notebooks however they choose. In short, Business stacks are not currently shareable throughout the account.

Does this make sense?

It's for this reason that I personally prefer to view my Notebooks in List View instead of Grid View.

Thanks for post Phil - really useful. I had completely overlooked the right click options (prob not helped by me using a Mac!). Also good to hear your pragmatic solution to stack colour issues etc.

Best wishes,

Danny

Archived