(Archived) Closing Evernote from the command line

David Parton

I am trying to create a .bat file to run a local backup program automatically. As part of the script I want Evernote to close so that the local files can be backed up. Is there a command line switch to achieve this. If not is there any other way to achieve what I want?

David

I am trying to create a .bat file to run a local backup program automatically. As part of the script I want Evernote to close so that the local files can be backed up. Is there a command line switch to achieve this. If not is there any other way to achieve what I want?

David

Some backups will backup open files. I know the paid versions of Syncback do. I know that's not exactly your question. But if what you want to achieve is a regular, unattended backup of your EN exb file, while leaving EN running 24/7, that should do it.

• Level 5*

I checked the Evernote for Windows command-line reference (http://dev.evernote....ers/windows.php) and it appears that there is none. However, you may be able to use the TASKKILL command to do it: TASKKILL /IM evernote.exe; you should set it to sync before exiting. This doesn't shut down the tray process, though, so your could do TASKKILL /IM evernotetray.exe, instead Or use a program like AUtoHotKey to do it.

Thanks for the replies.

BurgersNFries: I am using free software called Synchredible, and the free version doesn't backup open files. It does have the facility of running a batch file before the sync, hence my question.

Jeff: These two commands do the business. I'd had a play with taskkill before but hadn't got the magic to make it work.

Regards

David

Archived