(Archived) Blast from the past - restore gone wrong?

Extropy

Idea

I just got a "blast from the past", a number of notes that had been in two different notebooks that I deleted some time ago (3-4 weeks) suddenly reappeared in my default notebook. Thanks for watching out for my data, Evernote, but I really did want those notes to stay deleted.

Were you possibly restoring someone else's notes and restored mine by accident?

6 replies to this idea

I just got a "blast from the past", a number of notes that had been in two different notebooks that I deleted some time ago (3-4 weeks) suddenly reappeared in my default notebook. Thanks for watching out for my data, Evernote, but I really did want those notes to stay deleted.

Were you possibly restoring someone else's notes and restored mine by accident?

Are you sure you didn't restore notes from the trash...???

I think Evernote is monitoring the weather here and decided to try to cheer me up. It happened again today, resurrecting from the old note graveyard a zombie, long departed note offering villas for rent in Tuscany. Such an offer in mid-February in Bavaria is certainly attractive but not quite what I expect Evernote to do.

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing anything like this.

I just experienced this happening today, when a bunch of deleted notes turned up in my inbox. They were accompanied by notes which I did *not* delete, but don't belong in that notebook.

The deleted notes all belonged to the same notebook back then (which have since been removed too), and the other notes all share a common tag. 

(Before someone insinuates, that I probably restored them or moved them myself, but am too dumb to realise it, I can assure that that is *not* the case.)

I just experienced this happening today, when a bunch of deleted notes turned up in my inbox. They were accompanied by notes which I did *not* delete, but don't belong in that notebook.

The deleted notes all belonged to the same notebook back then (which have since been removed too), and the other notes all share a common tag. 

(Before someone insinuates, that I probably restored them or moved them myself, but am too dumb to realise it, I can assure that that is *not* the case.)

Did you submit a support ticket with your activity log?

Archived