(Archived) Send to notebook feature for handwritten notes

Hi Evernote community!

I think the handwriting recognition in evernote app is awesome and I can see it will already revolutionise the way I take notes and organise info. What I want to do is cut out the admin associated with this, i.e. by automatically sending certain notes to certain notebooks.

I know there is the smart notebook product but I just don't want to sit in meetings with a notebook with pictures of elephants on the cover - it doesn't look professional to me. If I scan handwriting that says "@marketing" I can search for that note using "@marketing" but is there a way i can get it to send directly to my marketing notebook like you would an email?

Are they just keeping this as a smart notebook feature or am I missing a trick?

Any help or advice gratefully received!

Thank you!

Luke

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums. There's nothing within Evernote that will autoforward your notes directly, but if you're scanning paper you could scan to a desktop folder initially, then rename your scans with '@marketing' etc. and use something like AHK or Belvedere (or just a mouse) to move them into an Import Folder appropriate to the filename, which then shuffles them into a specific notebook. Long, complicated and possibly Windows-only, but I can't think of any other options...

Thanks Gazumped - you're spot on though, it's exactly this kind of hassle I want to avoid. The simplest way so far is take a photo using the app on iphone and then click info and change the notebook there - it would just be cool to be able to set this just with handwriting. The capability is clearly there within the software it just needs to be linked up.

Thanks anyway! Evernote - any plans to include a feature like this?

Under WIN this should not be difficult:

My scanner Canon P-215 has various profiles for scanning, one could be to scan to a certain import folder on the computer. From this folder Evernote could then import the scanned notes into a certain notebook in Evernote.

Works perfect without hassle under Win 7 and the Windows client; iphone and/or MacOS, I cannot comment on.

Regards, EvB.

Archived