(Archived) Firefox Clipper broken: Cannot create. Unspecified error

workingwriter

For the last week or so, the Firefox web clipper loads fine (no spinning, no authentication issue) in FF18.0.1, but if I try to save anything, I get a generic error "Cannot create. Unspecified error".

I've tried switching from saving to Web to saving to Desktop. Cleared cache a minute ago; no luck. Upgraded desktop client to latest GA this morning. No changes.

Interestingly enough, I can save to Evernote fine with Clearly. The Chrome clipper also works well.

Windows 7 Home Premium.

Any advice much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Had that same problem, solved it today, at least for now.  I have windows 8 64-bit and was using firefox 32-bit for some reason.  I switched my firefox to their 64-bit version and now it works.  I didn't even have to re-install the web clipper add-on.  Hope that helps.

I've been having this problem for months now. Re-installing the web clipper fixes it for a while, but it always returns. I have to use Chrome to clip anything.

Windows XP Pro SP3, FF 18.0.2

Had that same problem, solved it today, at least for now.  I have windows 8 64-bit and was using firefox 32-bit for some reason.  I switched my firefox to their 64-bit version and now it works.  I didn't even have to re-install the web clipper add-on.  Hope that helps.

This seems to have solved my problem as well. I am on 64-bit Windows 7. It took a little while to find a 64-bit version of Firefox, but apparently that's because it isn't formally released yet. Using the Firefox "Nightly" build allows the Evernote Web Clipper to work. You can get that here: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/prerelease.html

Of course, a prerelease browser brings its own headaches. It would be nice if the Clipper worked on the 32-bit release.

Of course, a prerelease browser brings its own headaches. It would be nice if the Clipper worked on the 32-bit release.

It appears as though the latest beta fixes this. (at least for me, running 32 bit Firefox in Win 7 64 bit)

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/34016-firefox-web-clipper-55-beta-fixes-tag-autocomplete-behavior/

EDIT: went back to an older (read last release) version to test - 5.4.1 works there too. Wonder if there are any more specifics?

Archived