(Archived) Evernote won't start in Firefox

I have hundreds of Evernote notes and folders in Firefox, many relating to a huge project I'm working on, but tonight when I tried to log in, I got a blank white screen. I have tried everything, including changing my password. Ironically, I was able to "clip" a Web page just now and save it to one of my folders, but I can't get into Evernote to see it. I submitted a helpdesk ticket to Evernote, but I am not Premium (yet). Evernote for Dummies suggests uninstalling Evernote and then reinstalling it, but I do not want to lose my work. Any ideas? Thanks! LinLee

• Level 5*

Hi. You are apparently using the web version of Evernote if you're used to seeing notes through Firefox. You should have the same access through the mobile client, or through the desktop version, or any other browser you may have installed on your computer. This doesn't sound like a problem connected with a bad password - and in any event you should get password errors if there is a problem. Do you have any other way to access Evernote? Could you try to log into your web account using someone else's computer?

Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't sound like it will help - take a deep breath and try to log in again!

Well, I'll be! I tried a different computer (an older Dell Inspiron) and Google Chrome, and presto, there are my missing Evernote folders! This is so bizarre. I wonder how I can access it on my newer Inspiron. I may give Google Chrome a try there. Thanks again!

A final note: it seems to be a Firefox problem. I changed to Google Chrome, and immediately accessed my current Evernote folders. I'll try to figure it out some other time; for now, I got my stuff! :-) Thanks again, gazumped!

• Level 5*

Glad you found your stuff! - You might want to have a look around the forums here and research backup strategies; it always pays to have a local copy of your nearest and dearest notes just in case something goes really badly wrong. The Evernote server should be your backup, but it's easy to get confused when reinstalling the client and maybe wind up overwriting something essential...

Archived