(Archived) Tags not autocompleted in Windows version of EN for EnB accounts?

EdH

• Level 5*

Has anyone else noticed that tags are not being autocomplted in the UI of the Windows version of Evernote? Makes it easy to create new tags (plural vs singular, misspelled, etc)

This is with the latest pre-release version of Evernote 4.6.2.7910

• Level 5*

Oh, this is weird. It is only on tags beginning with the letter E, H, L, N, W. Don't have a V, X and Z to test.

And when I do it, not every tag shows up. For example, I have 5 tags that start with "T" in my business notebook, but when I type in T, only 1 shows up in the autocomplete, and it is the last one on the list. I have 9 that begin with R, but only 1 shows up there too. I have 8 that start with S, and only 2 show up in the autocomplete.

These are 100% definitely all in my active business notebook (it is my personal one that is created with my business account.). The tag list isn't populating properly.

• Level 5*

Note that if I create a note in this notebook and type "e" in the tag window, all tags beginning with the letter 'e' show up, even tags that only exist in my personal notebooks. Not sure that is the correct or expected behavior, but I know missing tags isn't right.

We found a bug with auto-complete yesterday that should fix this. By chance do your business tags overlap with personal tags? For example, do you have something like, "Accounting" in both personal and business? We found that duplicates weren't showing up properly

Hi dlu,

Yes, I have a few duplicate between personal and Business, left over from my move to the Business software.

Is it better to get rid of one of them? In my case this would be Business.

Regards

Chris

• Level 5*

We found a bug with auto-complete yesterday that should fix this. By chance do your business tags overlap with personal tags? For example, do you have something like, "Accounting" in both personal and business? We found that duplicates weren't showing up properly

Definitely!

Archived