(Archived) Firefox Web Clipper displays "Loading..." and never finishes

Massimo

I just iinstalled Web Clipper for Firefox Mac. I managed to clip one page yesterday, but today when I try, all I see is a box with "Loading..." and a whirling progress indicator that never stops. When I click anywhere, the box goes away. When I hover over the Web Clipper icon, it shows "Uploading unsaved clips". I guess the next step is re-installing, but if anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful.

Okay, I uninstalled the Web Clipper and re-installed it. No improvement. I tried setting preferences so the clipped web page went to the Evernote Mac app instead of my Evernote web archive, and then I could clip pages, but the Evernote application crashed left and right. So I uninstalled the Evernote app and re-installed it - no improvement. I would really like to use the Clipper. but it just isn't working for me. In fact, now even Evernote is not working for me. I know a lot of folks like Evernote, but it is just a disaster here.

I'm having the exact same problem on FF18 on Win7. It worked for 1 day and I was loving it. Then I tried to use it again the next day and it won't work. Just says loading... same thing today, even after re-install just like you did. I would sure love a resolution to this one!

Hi all,

As many Firefox user has reported the Evernote Web Clipper 5.4.1 is partially broken due to an authentication issue. We are working on fixing this as soon as possible.

There is a reasonable workaround to get clipping functionality back by switching to sending clips to the desktop client ( you will need to have Evernote for Windows or Mac installed for this workaround...)

Instructions on setting Web Clipper to clip to desktop client:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s13/sh/4485bcf0-a83c-4160-97ba-f4809870cb8c/6fc8977cb483648507fae6dcf7827534

I will post back here as soon as we've verified a fix.

I just noticed I have the same problem, too, with Firefox 18. Although the notes I clip are saved in Evernote Web, the badge that indicates the number of unsaved clips to be uploaded doesn't go away. My clips are fine but it's just annoying that those numbers don't disappear.

Ok - we have rolled out a fix for the authentication issue that has been causing serious problems the last day. Please let me know if anyone is still experiencing problems.

- You may need to logout & re-login.

- You may have to restart the browser or clear the cache.

Ok - we have rolled out a fix for the authentication issue that has been causing serious problems the last day. Please let me know if anyone is still experiencing problems.

- You may need to logout & re-login.

- You may have to restart the browser or clear the cache.

Web clipper is still not working for me on FF 18... It will indicated "loading" but that's it...If I click on my screen the box disappears as others have said..The web clipper icon says that it is uploading unsaved clippings...(I have cleared the cache twice..I've not been able to log out of web clipper)

So...webclipper is now working properly...BUUUUUTTTT the darn icon still has the little notification that says "uploading unsaved clips" -- of course, nothing is uploading...I've uninstalled cliipper, reinstalled, changed the settings from save to desktop to save to web, cleared FF cache (x2), logged out of evernote web, logged in to evernote web...What am I missing?? The damn thing is annoying!!

Archived