(Archived) HELP! Lost one phone: Will pin lock on 2nd phone help?

I have 2 cellphones where I use evernote.

Unfortunately I have lost one of them yesterday, so I have set up a pinlock in my other device trying to void the person who has the one I lost to access my notes, will that work?

How can I make sure nobody will access my notes from the device I've lost?

• Level 5

If you have local storage on your phone, then your pinlock will not work.

There may also be cached notes.

Go to the Web version and change your EN password.

That will prevent your "new" phone user to sync at least.

Good luck.

Wern

I have 2 cellphones where I use evernote.

Unfortunately I have lost one of them yesterday, so I have set up a pinlock in my other device trying to void the person who has the one I lost to access my notes, will that work?

How can I make sure nobody will access my notes from the device I've lost?

PIN codes are by device. So adding a pin code to your 2nd phone does not add a pin code to the first phone. If you did not add a PIN code to either your lost phone or the EN app on it, anyone will be able to invoke the EN app from that phone. Changing your EN account password will prevent anyone from downloading, adding or changing notes in your account. However, any notes that are cached on the lost phone will be accessible to anyone who invokes EN on the lost phone.

@Vrademaker for the brave..... I'd export all your notes using the Windows client, LEAVE the password as is! and then delete all your notes & empty the trash... when the lost phone syncs it will delete everything! obviously you will not know how long to leave it perhaps 3-4 days? Then change your password and re-import your data! :)

On your other device make sure you use the iOS pin lock as after so many failed attempts you can make it erase the data....Also setup find my iPhone for remote wipe http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2701

Archived