(Archived) Notes created on computer do not show up on phone vice versa

Hi there,

Here is what is happening.

- installed Evernote on my laptop

- created one note with one line saying "this is a test"

- installed Evernote on my sumsung Galaxy Note (Android)

- logon with the username that as the same as that on the laptop one.

- created two notes with one line each saying 'this is to test if this note can be seen on the laptop"

Cannot see those created on phone on laptop vice verse.

- sync'd many times manually and by Evernote itself (the above actions were taken a month ago)

It seems this should not happen but it does somehow.

Any help will be appriciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Let us know what OS you are using, it will help.

A quick suggestion and possible fix.

Delete the note on the phone, then sync again.

It reads as though you created two notes at the same time and then tried to sync both devices. I have seen this cause a problem before.

Give it a try then let us know how you got on.

Regards

Chris

• Level 5*

First thing: log into the web client to see if the notes are there in your account. The web version runs directly off the Evernote cloud, and is therefore "the truth". If you see the notes there, then something is wrong with the syncing on both your laptop and your phone.

@C6CREW: creating separate notes on separate devices shouldn't cause problem, as far as I know. Editing the same note on two different devices can cause a conflict, though.

Thanks Chris and jefito,

Appriciate your great help.

Here are the information of my devices.

- Laptop: Alienware M11x, Windows 7 Home Edition, 64bit

- Phone: Sumsung Galaxy Note, Android 4.0.4

Actions took:

- checked web client - no notes were there at all!

- created a note on web client

- sync'd phone - the note created on web client showed up on phone (great!)

- created a note on the phone and sync'd - the note showed up on web client (works!)

But

- notes on laptop cannot be sync'd to the web client (therefore they will never been seen on the phone I guess)

- notes on web client cannot be seen on the windows one.

Evernote application on both of the laptop and the phone were updated yesterday to the latest version.

There is something wrong with the Laptop one?

• Level 5*

Hi - probably a dumb question, but have you re-connected to your account via the laptop? It sounds as though you might have connected to two separate accounts, one with the laptop and the other with the 'phone...

First thing: log into the web client to see if the notes are there in your account. The web version runs directly off the Evernote cloud, and is therefore "the truth". If you see the notes there, then something is wrong with the syncing on both your laptop and your phone.

@C6CREW: creating separate notes on separate devices shouldn't cause problem, as far as I know. Editing the same note on two different devices can cause a conflict, though.

Hi Jeff,

Seen it, on my own system where two notes created independently without syncing has stopped the system syncing properly altogether. It was on the Business version, but until I deleted a note on one side I could not get it to sync properly.

I hasten to add this was on a previous version, not the current Windows one.

Best regards

Chris

No gazumped, it is not a dumb question.

You inspired me.

They are the same account I created on the Laptop first and log on with it on my phone and Web Client.

You inspired me to question if the account I used to logon the windows one had some unkown issue since I logged on since a month ago and never used it until yesterday.

I thought it could be my Anti-Virus softwares preventing the windows one from talking to the Web Client and I stopped them but nothing happened.

Here is what I did.

- Unstalled the windows application and reinstalled it.

- Now the notes can be seen on the windows one, on the phone one and certainly on the web Client.

There got be some thing happened at the time I installed the windows application a month ago.

Thank you all for your great help.

Have a nice weekend.

Thought it over while shalving snow, the truth is that the Account for the Windows one was never created on/recognized by Web Client.

The account on the phone was actually created (recalled that after I installed the app on the phone, it asked me to create an account. I felt wired but did it anyway).

So the Windows app I was trying to use was actually a dummy one.

I think this is the only way to explain the situation, just ... why the account created on the Windows one did not get recognized then?

Archived