Jump to content

(Archived) Evernote (windows app) fails to sync at work


Ron Newsham

Recommended Posts

Running Windows 7 Pro 64 at work and home.

Finding frequent sync failures at work but no problem at home or on Android device.

I can access the web interface from work with no problem.

Seems to be connecting to server, but failing to upload changes.

I know that people saw this problem in the past, wonder if it is due to recent changes or a glitchy network (our end or yours).

Extract from activity log (username obscured):


Evernote for Windows 4.6.1.7860 (268368) Public
OS: Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
User: ########
Memory: 91.5MB
Created: 2013/01/25 13:57:28
---
Bootstrap info: loadedFresh
<bootstrap_info><profile name="Evernote"><settings account_email_domain="m.evernote.com" enable_facebook_sharing="1" enable_gift_subscriptions="1" enable_linkedin_sharing="1" enable_shared_notebooks="1" enable_single_notesharing="1" enable_sponsored_accounts="1" enable_support_tickets="1" enable_twitter_sharing="1" marketing_url="http://www.evernote.com" service_host="www.evernote.com" support_url="https://evernote.com/contact/support/"/></profile></bootstrap_info>
---
13:57:10 [4824] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com
13:57:10 [4824] 0% * loaded updateCount: 2420
13:57:11 [4824] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=0
13:57:11 [4824] 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount=2420
13:57:11 [4824] 0% * saved updateCount: 2420
13:57:11 [4824] 0% Expunging server items
13:57:11 [4824] 0% Expunging server tag "a05be27f-ccee-462e-8b8a-781d148bc682"
13:57:12 [4824] 0% * updateCount: 2420 --> 2421 (-1)
13:57:12 [4824] 1% Expunging server tag "e31e2b80-70db-4f77-9189-92ed9a2f8668"
13:57:13 [4824] 1% * saved updateCount: 2421
13:57:13 [4824] 1% Can't send HTTP request, error: INTERNET_SECURITY_CHANNEL_ERROR
13:57:13 [4824] 1% Session terminated abnormally, elapsed time: 3s
13:57:13 [4824] 1% * sent: 319B, received: 110B
13:57:13 [4824] 1% * 2s (87%) spent in EDAM RPC

Link to post

Thanks Jeff - I have done so.

If I get an answer that may help others, I will put it here.

It looks like I'm connecting to servers OK, but timing out usually around 4-7% but it has made it as far as 79%.

The complication is that I have a local notebook at work (with all work stuff in, strangely enough), and I've updated tags and notebooks at work so that I didn't accidentally remove tag/notebook where I'd got some work already. Some tags appear unused at home because they are only used at work.

In the meantime, I will persevere in case it is just the network at our end.

Link to post

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...