(Archived) Will evernote just sell the desktop app alone?

Judging by what I see in other forums, I am in no way the only angry client who does not appreciate the cut back in account usage allocation to force people to upgrade. I am happy to upgrade for the usage of the desktop application, but in no way am I going to be forced into paying yearly for a service that I do not want or use, being the online storage.

Is Evernote considering just a fee for the usage of the software and providing the option for the purchase of the desktop application, not including the online account and storage. If not, then myself like many others are forced to utilise alternative packages. Shame really, as evernote and web clipper are good and useful programs.

• Level 5*

Judging by what I see in other forums, I am in no way the only angry client who does not appreciate the cut back in account usage allocation to force people to upgrade. I am happy to upgrade for the usage of the desktop application, but in no way am I going to be forced into paying yearly for a service that I do not want or use, being the online storage.

Is Evernote considering just a fee for the usage of the software and providing the option for the purchase of the desktop application, not including the online account and storage. If not, then myself like many others are forced to utilise alternative packages. Shame really, as evernote and web clipper are good and useful programs.

Hi. Welcome to the forums! You'll be pleased to know that Evernote is free, it is free forever, the desktop version is free, the online storage is free, and account usage allocation has increased over time :)

• Level 5*

Hi - I'm not aware of any cutbacks in account allocation, or any major problems with existing limits. I've been a power user for over 2 years and moved to Premium fairly early on to get the higher limits - the cost doesn't seem excessive, and I'm mean with my money. I've only ever had one month when the monthly limit was a problem, and after all that effort I've used less than 10% of the current maximum note limits, which will likely be increased before I get much closer.

One of the main benefits of Evernote is its ability to sync between different outlets and different platforms (via the central server), which doesn't work with 'just' the desktop application. I've learned never to say 'never' with Evernote, but I'd be surprised if they market anything that basic. Anyway you could always just use local notebooks (not backed up to the server) which are 1) unlimited and 2) free, so what's the problem?

As has been said, there have been NO cutbacks in account usage. I have no idea where you pulled that from. In fact, upload limits, note size limits & number of notebooks have actually INCREASED in the five years I've been using it.

And, as GM said, you are not forced to pay to use EN at all. It's completely free, unless you want the premium features. Those, of course, at not free b/c the people who created Evernote have rent to pay, kids to send to school & groceries to buy.

Archived