A way to manually input the location for a note?

andym2

Idea

Hello

I'm trying to work out how to manually input a location (I'm doing some travel planning and I want to use the atlas facility to see notes about the places I'm going to).

I've tried inputting the gps coordinates in the format Evernote seems to use (eg 52°29′40N 0°3′35W) but when I press return the numbers simply go red and nothing happens. The only way it will accept a location is by pressing the location services arrow. Is there a way to input an address manually?

Thanks

(I'm using v5.04)

16 replies to this idea

Hello,

I am using OSX 10.7.5 and Evernote 5.0.5 but actually have the same issue as Andym2.

In the Ipad of Iphone app, the map is displayed so I can drop the pin where I want to (but not enter a location).

On my mac desktop, no map comes up in the "i" section of a note, while entering a location gives no result.

Thanks for your support !

New to Evernote, downloaded today... No idea where Evernote is getting a location from... but it's not where my mac lap top is currently located so all my notes I've created today are wrong. Any idea how to change this on a Mac? I'm using OSX 10.7.5 and Evernote 5.4.5

Hi,

If you have an iPhone/iPad you could use IdeaPlaces for Evernote (disclosure: I'm the founder)

In IdeaPlaces we've build multiple way for you to enter and edit a place (since it's an app specialized in places...)

In IdeaPlaces you can

- add a map pin using a button or using a press and hold

- using a search by address or Foursquare place name.

- edit any note place using Foursquare, Google Address or manually moving the pin on the map.

- for every place you get all the nearby places too 

and many other features.

Check out the app on the AppStore: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id835446337?mt=8

Ciprian,

Founder of IdeaPlaces

After much searching I found this method works for me on Windows

Evernote - how to enter a location
  • EVERNOTE - Go to INFO for the note
  • EVERNOTE - Select Enter location
  • Go to Google Maps and find the location
  • Right click On Google Map to item "What's Here"
  • Decimal location is noted --  IE  36.358003, -96.589375  Pawnee County, OK

I'm unable to change the location of a note that currently has no location. Evernote 5.5.4 on OSX 10.6.8

Can anyone help?

Hi Alice - I think you need to upgrade to a more recent version of OSX - although when I was using 10.6.8 I found that I could set the positions of notes using Evernote on my iPod, so if you have an iPod or tablet maybe you could try that.  

Hi

It seems like a long time since I started this thread.

I have now upgraded to OS 10.8 and the location works fine eg I've just created a note, clicked on the 'i' and typed in 'firenze' in the location box and the note shows up on the map in Firenze (Florence) - although I'm in London.

Reading this thread I'm wondering if there was an issue with both OS 10.6 and 10.7, which was fixed with 10.8.

A

Sorry but NO, I can't change the location... If I click on the 'i'  get the note info... it tells me where the computer thinks it is (it isn't there but I don't know how to change this on my computer) I can highlight the wrong location, and try to change it... however, whatever I change this into doesn't work... goes red. If you can tell me how to let my computer know where it is, or better still, tell me how to manually change the location I would appreciate it very much AS someone pointed out on a forum I read before it would be nice to be able to link the not to a specific place not necessarily where it was written. THanks

Hello,

I am using OSX 10.7.5 and Evernote 5.0.5 but actually have the same issue as Andym2.

In the Ipad of Iphone app, the map is displayed so I can drop the pin where I want to (but not enter a location).

On my mac desktop, no map comes up in the "i" section of a note, while entering a location gives no result.

Thanks for your support !

Hi

I'm using OS 10.6.8. I've tried both addresses and gps coordinates. I've been trying to input addresses in Italy (eg 'Pitigliano, Province of Grosseto, Italy' or 'Siena, Province of Siena' Italy) but it still doesn't seem to accept them.

It accepts addresses I've set on my iPod touch and then synced.

Archived