Jump to content

(Archived) Rollback to previous Windows EN version


Rick in Aachen

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I could imagine that this question has come up before but I couldn't find anything in my archive search. I recently upgraded to EN for Windows version 4.6.1.7860 (268368) and since then at seemingly random times my folder and tag names are replaced by numbers. I've attached a screenshot.

This has been escalated by EN support to the second level but I need a quick fix because I will be on a business trip and use EN offline for my meeting notes (not to mention as a repository of customer history, etc.!) so the web version isn't an option.

I would like to roll back to the previous version of EN but can't find how to do that. I'm hoping that maybe that'll solve my problem before I travel tomorrow morning. Can anyone help me with that? I'm a Premium customer if that makes any difference, but I doubt it would.

Thanks!

Rick

post-120575-0-19425300-1358928891_thumb.

Link to post
  • Level 5*

You may be able to find previous versions, if you've done automatic updates. Go to Tools / Options,. On the General tab, click on "Open Database folder"; this should open up Explorer and bring you to the folder thatcontains your Evernote database. Go up one level, and look for a folder called "Autoupdate". Previous versions of Evernote are stored there. I'd be careful about rolling back to a prior version; back up your Evernote database (the .exb file in the Database folder) first.

Link to post

IME, IMO, this has nothing to do with the version you are using. I've had this happen a few times over the years. The good news is that it's not destroying/changing your names. IME, after syncing and/or closing/reinvoking EN, the problem corrects itself. One time, I was actually advised to rebuild my database b/c the problem wasn't correcting itself.

Link to post

Thanks for the responses. I did roll back one version but the problem continued. It was happening every 10 minutes or so, so restarting wasn't a realistic option. The syncing was getting out of whack, too so I was getting conflicting note versions.

I moved the database to a different drive and so far (after about 90 minutes...knock on wood) the problem has not re-occurred. The previous drive was a virtual, encrypted BoxCryptor drive and I suspected maybe the encrypted drive was perhaps intermittent. Who knows...so far the fix is working. Let's see what happens over the next couple hours.

Link to post

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...