(Archived) Using Dictation without saving audio file?

Hi there,

I'm a new Evernote user, and was quite intrigued by the "Dictation Note" option. After dictating some commentary to a book chapter I was reading, Evernote synced itself to the online server. I was amazed by the proficiency of the text recognition, and excited by the prospect of all of the applications I could see for this! And then, I noticed that an audio file (WAV as opposed to AMR) was saved along with the note, and this used up a good portion of my 60MB. This made me wonder if there was a setting which would allow for dictation, and speech-to-text within Evernote, without needing to save the audio file. If I had wanted to save the audio file, I would have made an "Audio Note". Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a simple way to fix this that I've overlooked?

Thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Cute, but the forum is clearly pretty well trafficked. If someone has an answer to your specific topic, then they'll post. By the way, it's helpful to relate which Evernote client you are using (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, etc.), as that helps other forum users to help you better.

Archived