(Archived) Enscript ability to show attachments (not just ever note native files)

gyroscope

Currently I use Evernote for half my things, but not everything will come in evernote, but I still want evernote to be the centralized place for everything I ever use (txt files, word docs etc etc, all my todos, photos etc).

What I want to do more specifically:

- ability to open an attachment from command line in evernote. To do it in evernote currently its not very streamlined/quick, since you have to open the gui, navigate to the icon of the attachment, and double click on it. (i.e. currently it requires opening the attachment in evernote before a .txt appears in ...\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases\Attachments\)

You can also use enscript to find files, but it won't open attachments.

I'd want it to open the attachment in the default windows application, e.g. for word docs using office, for .txt docs using notepad++. This would speed up my local tasks a lot and allow me to integrate using other tools with evernote all the time.

Is there any way to currently do this? (doesn't look like it). If not, is there plans to add this as a command line feature?

• Level 5*

ENScript is a handy but general-purpose tool. You'd need to come up with a way to specify attachments unambiguously, since a note can have more than one attachment.

If the enscript tool could specify the attachment name, and optionally say either the index or by timestamp range that would make it easy. It doesn't look like that's possible currently to actually open the doc automatically correct (have to manually double click)?

Currently my docs only have a single unique name for the attachment, but yeah in theory someone could attach two of them. I'd imagine it would internally be indexible under the hood programmatically (I don't know how the tool is built internally).

• Level 5*
Currently my docs only have a single unique name for the attachment, but yeah in theory someone could attach two of them. I'd imagine it would internally be indexible under the hood programmatically (I don't know how the tool is built internally).

The tool uses the Evernote API, plus (I think) a special Windows COM API to interact with Windows Evernote. The Evernote API is documented here: http://dev.evernote.com/documentation/cloud/, I don't know whether either of these APIs have any facility to open up an attachment.

Archived