(Archived) Checkbox Unsupported when editing a note on my Android Phone

Rtrain

When I make a note, such as a to-do list on my computer I like to add the checkboxes so I can just click it off when the task is done. But for some reason recently when I try and edit the note from my phone, such as to add a new task, it says that there is unsupported formatting and wont let me add a checkbox or even see the ones I already put. Maybe I am mistaken, but I do not remember this being a problem when I first started using Evernote. Does anyone else have this problem? Or a similar one with unsupported format when editing a note from your phone vs. your computer? What can I do to fix this, I thought maybe it was something they changed for only premium members but I do not want to pay money if I am not sure it will fix my issue.

post-120287-0-19986300-1358725906_thumb.

check to make sure you don't have any indentation's in the note. That will create the situation you describe. I can't see any on your screen shot but part of the note is obscured.

They haven't solved that one yet.

All my notes that had checkboxes added on the computer, can be edited, checked and new line items added correctly on both my android phone and tablet.

I cannot create a new note with checkboxes though. That still only works on the computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. I can view such notes containing checkboxes and bullet lists but just in the moment when switching to edit mode the formatting of the note is destroyed. I only made some changes at the beginning of the note, not remarking that in the middle of the note the formatting has been destroyed and synced this to all my devices :huh:

• 1 month later...

Same problem discovered today.

1. Create and edit, adding checkboxes on the Windows client.
  2. Open in editing mode on Android device.
  3. Checkboxes dissappear, error message appears, and we're left wondering.

Sure hope this bug gets fixed soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Not fixed for me in 5.0.2.  I bet you didn't have indentation in your checklist.  Make this on Windows:

[ ] Test 1

.....[ ] Test 2

.....[ ] Test 3

that gives "This note contains some unsupported formatting" as soon as you try to edit it on Android.

Not fixed for me in 5.0.2.  I bet you didn't have indentation in your checklist.  Make this on Windows:

[ ] Test 1

.....[ ] Test 2

.....[ ] Test 3

that gives "This note contains some unsupported formatting" as soon as you try to edit it on Android.

Uh oh, I'm getting faithful replication of indented checklists created in the Windows client and opened in the Android client. Unfortunately, in the Android client I checked one box and then synched, but the Note change is not reflected in the Windows client - even after multiple synchs on both OS clients. No "Conflicting Changes" either (not that I want that bug to  continue, heh).

Oh well, still  broken. I'd like to buy Premium, and maybe even Business, but this  kind of  thing is troubling.

fwiw, I tested on WinXP SrvIII, Evernote 4.6.8136 (latest), and Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Nexus..

• 2 months later...

Any update on this issue?  I just downloaded the Evernote app to my S3 and while I can see checkboxes when I open up a note, I can't see any or add any to an ongoing list when I go in to edit the note.  The only thing I can do is check or uncheck the box when I first open the note.

• 1 month later...

I see this too.  Had a nice checklist on my Windows client, added indent to two of the items, now the note has unsupported formatting on my Android clients.  This makes it very frustrating to modify the note on my Android clients.

I find the whole unsupported formatting thing frustrating in general.  I would like to have a setting on my Windows client where I can disable the use of formatting that isn't supported on my Android clients.  The whole point of using this tool for me is to have access to all of the same content and capabilities on all of my devices.  Give me the option to choose if I want to only have formatting features that are supported across all of my devices.

Archived